Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
Principal Transit Planner
The Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission (CMRPC) is seeking a Principal Transit planner to be part of a our transit/transportation team working closely with the Worcester Regional Transit Authority (WRTA).
Job duties include:
- Taking a lead role in transit planning programming including project scoping and daily prioritization of work.
- Working cooperatively with the inhouse transit team and the WRTA.
- Developing analysis and plans for various transit planning focus areas, including bus route planning.
- Lead activities related to WRTA service planning, yearly audit, and National Transit Database (NTD) reporting.
- Assessing the local transit system against service standards and performance management metrics.
- Working with staff, WRTA, and public officials to develop data-informed solutions to specific transit problems.
The preferred candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Team project management, staff management and project scoping experience.
- Extensive technical expertise in transit planning analysis and transit study management.
- Proficiency with GIS and database software.
- Knowledge of transit related software such as Clever, Ridecheck and Hastus required.
- Knowledge of LEP/Title VI, NTD and transit performance management preferred.
- Spanish and/or LEP languages a plus.
- Problem solving skills, ability to research, and ability to learn new software are required.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports and non-technical letters and memos.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to make presentations, work with state and local officials to address specific transportation problems, and facilitate discussions at committee meetings.
- Inter-personal skills to work with other members of a planning team, including developing consensus on solutions, facilitating public participation, and implementing action plans.
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Urban / Transportation Planning, or Civil / Transportation engineering preferred. Minimum experience BS+7 or MS+5 years in transit / transportation planning.
Send resume and cover letter to Sujatha Krishnan, Deputy Director, CMRPC by mail: 1 Mercantile Street, Suite 520, Worcester, MA 01608, or by email to [email protected] AA/EEO.
Position open until filled.
CMRPC does not discriminate on the basis of color, race, national origin, sex, religion, or disability in employment or provision of services.