Platting Officer II
POSITION TITLE: Platting Officer II (Closes 6/30/20 pm AK)
SALARY: 12A - $28.96/hr.
STATUS: Regular Full Time
UNION STATUS: 01 APEA
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director Community Planning
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
Process applications and administer Borough subdivision codes, zoning codes, and appropriate State statutes and regulations. Formulate analysis and recommendations. Review and approve final plats of survey.
- Conduct research, prepare staff reports, analyze data, and formulate professional recommendations involving land use under Borough subdivision codes and State statutes.
- Complete formal analysis, present staff reports and recommendations to Platting Board, present appeals to the Planning Commission, and represent the Borough during such hearings.
- Perform site inspections and conduct research which may involve retrieving records from locations outside the Borough Administrative Building.
- Provide guidance and advice to the interested public on established precedent, technical requirements, and data resources for subdivision and other land related matters.
- Assist land developers and surveyors in reviewing applications pertaining to subdivisions for completeness and conformance to Borough code requirements.
- Coordinate with other sections, divisions, and departments of the Borough to improve the platting and planning processes.
- Review, approve, and record final plats.
- Review, analyze, and formulate recommendations on proposed revisions to Title 17 of the Borough Code of Ordinances.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) and four years of progressively responsible work experience in the processing, developing, surveying, or design/engineering of subdivisions. An associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in land surveying, geomatics, engineering, planning or closely related field can substitute for the experience requirement on a year for year basis.
- Ability to read and comprehend legal descriptions, maps, title reports, and land conveyance documents.
- Demonstrated ability to independently conduct investigative research, interpret laws, regulations, and codes relating to land development, and draw conclusions from the research to be used in specific cases.
- Ability to deal with staff, other governmental agencies, and the public in a tactful and courteous manner under sometimes adverse and stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate and concise reports, develop recommendations, and present data in an effective manner, both orally and in writing.
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver’s license. Must meet insurance standards and maintain insurability under the Borough's insurance program. If personal automobile is used for Borough business, proof of automobile insurance at statutory limits must be provided. (A CURRENT COPY OF DRIVING RECORD WILL BE REQUIRED AT TIME OF INTERVIEW)
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer to include proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint, and a working familiarity with AutoCAD, Arc View, or similar computer mapping program. Prefer MS Access knowledge.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- A SKILLS PROFICIENCY TEST MAY BE ADMINISTERED.
- A WRITING SAMPLE MAY BE REQUIRED.
Continuous contact with employees at all levels of the Borough, continuous routine public contact, and frequent contact involving outside organizations/agencies.
Does not supervise; experiences minor problems daily and occasional major ones that must be resolved on own initiative and ingenuity with little immediate supervision; the consequences of error, carelessness or mistaken judgment require significant effort to recover.
General office where conditions are pleasant; good, clean conditions where accidents/hazards are negligible; while performing field work experiences somewhat disagreeable conditions with minor accident/hazard probability; requires short periods of light lifting, pushing or pulling (1-25 lbs.).
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit a completed online application on or before the closing date and time as specified in the Job Posting. Online applications can be located at www.fnsb.us then click on the “JOBS” tab.
For additional information please call (907) 459-1202 or the Borough Direct Job Line at (907) 459-1206.
The Borough complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/interview/selection process, contact the Human Resources Office at (907) 459-1202 or the EEO office. The EEO Compliance Officer can be contacted at (907) 459-1309.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER