Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
The Planning Director is responsible for directing and overseeing all County planning functions including development review, long range planning, zoning enforcement, short term rental permitting, public information and various special projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Provide leadership, management and coordination of all County planning functions including development review, long range planning, zoning enforcement, public information and various special projects.
- Develop department-wide goals, objectives, policies and procedures and oversee their successful implementation.
- Review, editing and management of deadlines of planning staff work product and meeting materials.
- Work with the BOCC, planning commissions, public and staff to articulate a clear vision of the community’s desired goals relative to planning and development related issues.
- Develop the Planning Department’s annual work program and implement as directed by the BOCC and senior management.
- Build effective and positive communication with a wide range of audiences including: elected officials, planning commissions, agencies, developers, builders and the general public.
- Represent the County on various boards and panels and at numerous public meetings and events.
- Oversee the recruitment, employment, evaluation and release of staff (currently 10 individuals) and contract personnel.
- Prepare and manage the Planning Department’s annual budget.
Education and Training: This position level requires a Master’s degree in urban and regional planning, public administration, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Practical Experience: A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible planning experience is required. Generally, 5 years of experience must be in a supervisory capacity. Permits or certificates: AICP certification required, or ability to obtain certification within one year. Valid Colorado Driver's License required at time of appointment and throughout employment.
The first review applications will be February 11, 2020. Position open until filled.