Camiros is looking for an experienced urban designer with a background in solving complex urban design, land use, and planning challenges to join us in our Chicago offices. Preferred candidates for this position will have between 4-6 years of experience following graduation, ideally with at least two years of private sector consulting experience.
The Camiros team is small but agile, providing innovative, high quality plans, codes, and strategic solutions for communities across the country. Our clients range from rural communities, to growing suburbs, to large cities and metropolitan regions. As a member of the Camiros team, you'll be expected to jump into projects with both feet, and to contribute your unique abilities and perspective to the breadth of our work.
- Preparation of plan and zoning code components, including concept diagrams, high quality illustrative graphics, GIS mapping, land use analysis, site plans, and testing of regulatory concepts.
- Production of presentations and community outreach materials; engagement with the public at meetings, open houses, and other events.
- Research and analysis of precedents and best practices in support of a variety of planning, regulatory, and design projects.
- Collection and analysis of data, and research and interpretation of detailed plans and regulatory documents.
- Assistance in a variety of client-facing interactions, including participation in client meetings, conference calls/videoconferencing, etc. As we work in communities across the country, the ability to travel is required.
- Active participation in the firm’s promotional activities, including proposal writing/production and interviewing.
A key component to success in this role is the ability to multitask, and to pivot between varying tasks and projects with ease.
What you'll need on your resume:
- Degree in urban design, planning, architecture or landscape architecture
- 4-6 years of experience (not including internships), including experience in private sector consulting
- Rock-solid skills in Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, and ArcGIS
- Excellent graphic visualization skills, including plans, renderings, and diagrams
- Writing samples that demonstrate the ability to clearly articulate your ideas/concepts/conclusions to a broad audience
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Send your resume, along with a portfolio (as a small file or a web link, please), and a short bit about you and why you're interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.