The 100 Most Influential People in Real Estate
The list, called the "Inman 100", profiles individuals those who have continued to succeed despite the real estate downturn and whose actions have helped shape the future of the real estate industry. The list also includes individuals from outside of the real estate industry who impact the business of buying and selling homes.
Categories in this year's Inman 100 include: brokers, technologists, trade group and multiple listing service representatives, government officials, journalists, economists, academics, consultants, mortgage industry and title company executives, bloggers and social media experts.
Among the criteria considered in selecting the 100 leaders, "Does this person have the power to influence the industry as a whole?", and "Does this person have the ability to influence regulatory and legislative decisions impacting the business of real estate?"
A few of those profiled that may be recognized by Planetizen readers include:
- Edward J. DeMarco, Acting director, Federal Housing Finance Agency
- Shaun Donovan, Secretary of housing, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Carol J. Galante, Acting assistant secretary for housing, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Sami Inkinen, Co-founder and president, Trulia
- Matt Lerner, Chief technology officer, Walk Score