The San Francisco Transportation Authority's On-Street Parking Management and Pricing Study assesses current parking policies and conditions, and investigate innovative approaches to more efficiently manage curbside parking. The study:
• Reviews San Francisco's existing on-street parking management programs and neighborhood parking conditions.
• Considers various strategies for improved management of on-street spaces.
• Investigates the potential for using innovative technologies and approaches, including variable pricing of on-street parking, more widely to manage demand and increase availability.
• Discusses residential parking management issues and explore the use of potential new parking revenues to support neighborhood transportation enhancements.
• Describes peer city parking management case studies.
• Makes recommendations for comprehensive neighborhood parking management to improve parking conditions and support policy goals.