Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
The USF Master of Public Administration mission is to prepare our graduates for public leadership by advancing a challenging curriculum while pursuing complementary research, transforming learning into actions that serve our communities, especially the most vulnerable among us.
Our Degree Program
Navigate the intersection of the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. Translate theory into practice and begin implementing policy that supports your community.
Our MPA program prioritizes hands-on experience that prepares you to address the public interest through the collection and analysis of evidence essential for implementing public service strategies.
A flexible class schedule helps working professionals balance their busy lives, while small class sizes promote one-on-one attention and deeper relationship building.
About the Master of Public Administration Program
- Typical program length is 21 months with 38 units.
- Classes offered on Saturday.
- Preferred but not required - two years of professional work experience, including internships.
- A wide range of scholarship and financial aid options.
- Classes begin each fall at the USF Downtown San Francisco campus.
- Accredited by NASPAA, the foremost membership organization of graduate programs in public administration, public policy, public affairs, and public & nonprofit management in the US and around the world.
- Ranked among the Best Public Affairs Programs by the U.S. News & World Report.
- A Health Services Administration concentration offers students a specialized public management degree designed for a career in the U.S. healthcare system.