IMG Rebel Internship
Internship Program (Paid)
As one of the leading U.S. infrastructure advisory firms, IMG Rebel (www.imgrebel.com) advises public and private sector clients around the world, helping them bridge the gap between their infrastructure needs and financial resources by focusing on innovative funding and financing, public-private partnerships, risk analysis, and alternative delivery strategies.
IMG Rebel’s clients include governments, international financial institutions, and private firms in most major infrastructure sectors including:
- Aviation and Ports:domestic and international owners and operators of commercial and general aviation airports and port facilities;
- Climate Resilience:infrastructure measures to address climate change;
- Energy:renewable energy technologies including solar, wind, and hydropower;
- Social infrastructure:government offices, schools, university buildings, hospitals, courthouses, stadia, and other public buildings;
- Transportation:highways and toll roads, bus and rail transit, intercity rail, and parking;
- Utilities:public and private organizations responsible for providing water, wastewater, and waste and storm water management.
IMG Rebel’s consulting service offerings include:
- Financial Analysis and Modelling;
- Transaction Advisory;
- Procurement Advisory;
- Performance Management and Audits;
- Public Policy and Capacity Building.
IMG Rebel is a subsidiary of RebelGroup (www.rebelgroup.com), one of the leading international infrastructure advisors headquartered in the Netherlands. The firms’ common corporate culture and expertise creates strong synergies and facilitates an international reach. The two companies work closely together on assignments and business development in both the U.S. and internationally, providing common training and bringing respective capabilities to each other’s markets.
IMG Rebel is seeking candidates for its 2017 summer internship program.
- Start date:Although timing is somewhat flexible, we are looking for candidates that are available starting in late May or early June 2017 (or earlier).
- Commitment:A full-time summer intern would be preferred, but part-time intern candidates will also be considered.
- Compensation:Interns will receive an hourly compensation, the level of which will be determined by his/her relevant experience.
- Responsibilities:Interns will have the opportunity to work on various areas of business, including projects, proposals, business development, and administrative support. Interns will receive a mentor, and will be expected to join project teams and show a proactive attitude towards seeking out opportunities to contribute to teams.
- Opportunities for full-time employment:Interns may be considered for full-time employment if there is a relevant opening.
- Fall 2017 internship opportunities:Summer interns that will return to graduate school in the fall of 2017 may continue their internship on a part-time or flexible basis, to be determined at the end of the summer.
The ideal candidate for the internship program possesses the following profile:
- Some prior experience within a public agency; financial institution; consulting or accounting firm; planning, engineering, or development firm;
- Either completed or working towards a Master’s degree in finance, economics, public policy, planning, business, or related fields;
- High-level of competence with Microsoft Excel, including experience with cash flow financial models;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A serious commitment to and passion for the industries IMG Rebel serves, particularly infrastructure development in the U.S. market;
- The ability and drive to grow as a professional.
IMG Rebel is an employee-owned company that prizes initiative, innovation, and insight in serving our client’s multi-faceted challenges in a cooperative and collegial environment.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all, IMG Rebel bases its employment decisions on merit, qualifications and abilities. IMG Rebel is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Non-U.S. citizens applying for internships and positions at IMG Rebel based in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require employer sponsorship.
The position is based in downtown Washington D.C. at 1015 15th Street NW.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample on a relevant topic (up to 3 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org.Shortlisted candidates may be asked to complete a writing, presentation, or Excel-based case study.