Transportation planning is always on the go. See what's coming next when APA's Planners Training Service pulls into Chicago September 18.
American Planning Association
Innovative Transportation Planning tracks today's trends and looks at new developments coming around the corner. This one-day Planners Training Service workshop explores the ways smart communities are stretching leaner resources to meet more diverse transportation needs. Presenter Diana Mendes, AICP, looks at the impact MAP-21 can have on your community and your role as a planner. Steps from Chicago's iconic Loop, you'll discover where better transportation can lead your community's form, economic vitality, and quality of life.
Innovative Transportation Planning will cover:
- Recent transportation trends and future demands
- Key impacts of the new MAP-21 federal transportation law
- Coordination of transportation and land-use decision making
- Paths to overcome challenges to project implementation and delivery
- Pacesetting innovations in transportation planning and approaches
- The enhanced role of planners in advancing integrated solutions
Get on board! Book your registration by September 11.
Posted August 7, 2013