Now available: Bloustein Online Continuing Education Program 2010-2011 Deep Learning schedule
Rutgers University Professional Development Institute
Rutgers University's Bloustein Online Continuing Education Program is designed to help the best and brightest in urban planning get smarter. From September 2010 to July 2011, we are offering more than 20 Deep Learning courses in five course tracks:
• Cultural Planning and Development – courses focused on the arts and community and economic development
• Economic and Community Development – courses designed to help you make communities stronger and more prosperous
• Leadership and Professional Practice – courses that help you be more effective and influential, whether you're managing a project or an organization
• Planning Law and Legal Issues – courses focused on issues and trends in land use law
• Urban Design and Placemaking – courses focused on physical planning and the processes that help turn spaces into places
BOCEP Deep Learning courses are instructor-led and designed for busy professionals who want to be knowledgeable in a subject and like collaborate with other smart professionals to share ideas or resolve problems. While most BOCEP learners are urban planners, anyone interested in making places better is welcome to participate.
There are no required meetings, though all participants are welcome to join in class videoconferences. Unlike workshops that try to cram information in one or two days, BOCEP Deep Learning courses are 5.5 weeks. That gives you time to learn, practice your skills and share insights with your classmates. There are several ways to learn in a class: Through readings assigned by the instructor, instructor-guided conversations in discussion boards among class members; and in some classes, quizzes to test your knowledge. In the Deep Learning studio courses, learners work on real projects for real clients.
A studio course is a great way to learn a new skill set that can enhance your practice or your career.
You can earn a Bloustein Professional Certificate by passing at least three courses. Bloustein Professional Certificates let colleagues and employers know that you did more than "participate" in training – you learned and you know.
You can also get 14 AICP Certification Maintenance credits for almost all BOCEP Deep Learning courses.
Each course costs $295, and a limited number of scholarships of up to $145 are available. There is an additional $50 fee per course for pursuing a Bloustein Professional Certificate. For more on how to get scholarships, please subscribe to the weekly PDI online newsletter.
For more information, please visit http://www.policy.rutgers.edu/pdi or contact Program Manager Swena Gulati at [email protected] or 732-932-3822 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 732-932-3822 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, x711.
Posted July 10, 2010