IEDC’s Economic Development Credit Analysis Training Course
International Economic Development Council
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CREDIT ANALYSIS TRAINING COURSE
This course is given in partnership with the National Development Council (NDC).
Register today! Prices increase after February 9th
DATE: February 23-25, 2009
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD
As many communities have programs aimed at encouraging the growth of local small businesses, economic developers often need to learn how to assess the viability of these businesses. In this course, participants are given an overview of business financing needs and available private financing options, as well as how the public sector can complement bank financing.
View the course webpage: http://www.iedconline.org/?p=Training_Credit_MD
Check out the agenda: http://www.iedconline.org/?p=Training_Credit_MD#agenda
Expert speakers: http://www.iedconline.org/?p=Training_Credit_MD#instructors
Register today: http://www.iedconline.org/?p=Training_Credit_MD#registration
- Business credit analysis
- Profit and loss statements
- Quality indicators
- Analyzing business credit worthiness
- Where a company sometimes hides cash
- Assets, liabilities and net worth accounts
- Making credit decisions
- Economic development financing programs
- Structuring loans
- Underwriting loans
This course is very hands-on! Learn how to read important financial reports, including:
- Financial statements
- Balance sheets
- The profit and loss statement
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEAVE KNOWING:
- How to work with business owners to assess a small business's financial strengths and weaknesses.
- How to determine if the company pays it suppliers on time, collects its receivables, and controls costs to make a profit.
- The basics of structuring deals for small businesses that often combine public and private sector financing programs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone involved in:
- Small business development
- Main street development
- Real estate development
- Neighborhood revitalization
- Local businesses
Students should bring a calculator to this course!
Economic Development Credit Analysis is part of a series of 12 training courses offered by the IEDC. To learn about our other courses, visit our website: www.iedconline.org
Posted January 28, 2009
Want to see more events?
Sun City Center Community Association, Inc
City of Mesa
Town of Gilbert, Arizona