Become a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD).
International Economic Development Council
The CEcD is the CPA and the MBA of the economic development field. The CEcD Program has been the "Gold Standard" of the profession for over 34 years. A network of more than 1,200 CEcDs has achieved this significant accomplishment by excelling in the qualification and examination process. You have the experience, skills and knowledge of a great economic developer. Now get recognized for your achievements by starting on the path of becoming a CEcD. IEDC's education courses are the first step!
Candidates must have at least 4 years of consecutive, paid, full-time economic development or related experience.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT REQUIREMENT
Candidates must be complete 4 IEDC Core Courses:
- Introduction to Economic Development or Basic Economic Development Course
- Business Retention and Expansion
- Economic Development Credit Analysis
- Real Estate Development and Reuse
Candidates must complete a minimum of 2 IEDC Elective Courses choosing from 8 offerings:
- Economic Development Finance Programs
- Economic Development Marketing & Attraction
- Economic Development Strategic Planning
- Entrepreneurial and Small Business development Strategies
- Managing Economic Development Organizations
- Neighborhood Development Strategies
- Technology-Led Economic Development
- Workforce Development
SUPPORT YOUR STAFF IN BECOMING CERTIFIED ECONOMIC DEVELOPERS (CECD)
Economic development organizations need professionals who possess the expertise to combat new challenges that emerge in a constantly changing industry. The CEcD designation represents demonstrated competency in economic development with a high degree of knowledge, significant skills and considerable practical experience in the field.
HIRING? SEEK A CERTIFIED ECONOMIC DEVELOPER (CECD)
Employers can be assured that the CEcDs they hire will be well-connected and well-informed of innovative strategies and industry trends. Select your next employee from among the best candidates – add "CEcD preferred" to your next job posting.
Visit IEDC's Certification webpage to learn more!
Posted October 15, 2008