IEDC’s Real Estate Development & Reuse Training Course Registration Info
International Economic Development Council
Real Estate Development & Reuse Training Course
Date: October 16-17, 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Work on your professional development at IEDC's Annual Conference! Take advantage of this opportunity to complete a Certified Economic Developer required course as well as network at the world's largest annual gathering of economic developers.
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT & REUSE TRAINING COURSE
As economic developers work to improve the communities in which they work, real estate development and reuse often comes forward as a popular economic development tool.
In this course, participants will be introduced to the land development process, with an emphasis on the role that the economic developer plays. Participants will learn about the various tools that are available at the local level, including tax increment financing, bonds, land assembly and eminent domain, in addition to the many federal programs available.
The agenda: http://www.iedconline.org/AnnualConference/Real_Estate.html#agenda
Instructors biographies: http://www.iedconline.org/AnnualConference/Real_Estate.html#instructors
Register today: http://www.iedconline.org/AnnualConference/Real_Estate.html#registration
- Overview of the land development process
- Market, site and financial analysis
- The roles of private, public and non-profit sectors
- Considerations when providing gap financing
- Local and Federal tools and resources
- An overview of brownfields redevelopment
- Issuing a request for proposal (RFP) or request for qualifications (RFQ)
Vice President, Project Management
Mac Brown, CEcD
Director, Office of Economic Development Assistance
Fanning Institute -University of Georgia
James Russell, CEcD
Senior Vice President of Development Services
The Pizzuti Companies
* This course qualifies as a professional development requirement needed to sit for the Certified Economic Developers (CEcDs) Exam. CEcDs earn recertification credits for participation. *
Posted August 26, 2008
Want to see more events?
Park City Municipal Corporation
National Capital Planning Commission
City of Santa Fe, New Mexico