Remaining IEDC Economic Development Summer Training Courses
International Economic Development Council
BUSINESS RETENTION AND EXPANSION TRAINING COURSE
Date: August 26-27, 2008
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Register by Tuesday, August 12th and save with our Registration Price Break!
Course registration fees increase by $100 after Tuesday the 12th.
While attracting a new company to a community gets lots of press attention, an even more important economic development strategy is the retention and expansion of a community's existing businesses. A strong business retention and expansion program ensures that the needs of local businesses are being not only heard, but addressed.
In this course, attendees will learn the "red flags" that may indicate a company is looking to move elsewhere. Attendees will learn how to structure an effective system to respond to business concerns.
• Establishing and organizing a BRE program
• Creating effective models for business visitations and surveys
• Tracking feedback and response
• Fostering and strengthening business alliances
Visit the training course webpage for information on the agenda, expert speakers and registration: http://www.iedconline.org/?p=Training_BRE_OK
ENTREPRENEURIAL AND SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES
Date: September 8-9, 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
This course will identify the tools economic developers need to create a climate that caters to small businesses. In addition, the course will cover the characteristics of entrepreneurs and small business owners, the barriers they face and how communities can promote their development.
This course will cover:
• Characteristics of entrepreneurs and small business owners
• Promoting small business development in your community
• Identifying and addressing the needs of entrepreneurs
• Providing technical assistance
• Growth potential for microenterprises
• Development of business incubators
• How to attract private investors and lenders
• Micro-lending programs, SBA programs, venture capital and other innovative financing tools
Visit the training course webpage for information on the agenda, expert speakers and registration: http://www.iedconline.org/?p=Training_ESBDS_KY
DEADLINE FOR IEDC EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS APPROACHING
The International Economic Development Council is proud to offer two (2) scholarships to be applied toward the registration fee for an IEDC Economic Development Education course of the recipient's choice. Submit your application by July 31st to be considered.
Click here to learn how to apply: http://www.iedconline.org/?p=Training_Scholarships
Posted July 21, 2008
Want to see more events?
City of Birmingham, Alabama
City of Laramie, Wyoming
Colorado Department of Local Affairs