Request for Qualifications - Planning Consultant Services, Missoula County, Montana
Missoula County Rural Initiatives
Missoula County Montana is accepting statements of qualifications from planning firms/teams to provide professional planning consulting services for a project that will include revising the Lolo Regional Plan (an amendment to the Missoula County Growth Policy covering a portion of the County), drafting measures to implement the Plan, developing and facilitating public process, and guiding the plan and implementation through governing body review.
Missoula County anticipates that the successful team will include experts in rural and small town planning, zoning code development, and public participation processes. The consultant's qualifications and skills to carry out the project should include:
• Demonstrated ability to create and facilitate an appropriate public process to aid in the development of a land use plan and implementation in collaboration with Rural Initiatives staff, the Board of County Commissioners, and other entities.
• Practical experience facilitating planning in rural areas including lands with natural resources value, agricultural lands, and other open lands as well as small town design;
• Policy and code writing expertise
• Demonstrated ability to develop appropriate land use planning implementation tools for a rural area facing similar issues as the Lolo and North Bitterroot Valley
• An ability to complete projects such as a comprehensive plan update and development of implementation tools, including zoning for rural areas, through governing body review.
To obtain a detailed copy of the Request for Qualifications, visit our website at http://www.co.missoula.mt.us/rural/.
Please contact Missoula County Rural Initiatives with any questions at the mailing address below, by calling (406) 258-3432, faxing (406) 258-3920 or emailing [email protected].
Seven (7) complete copies of statements of qualifications shall be received by Missoula County Rural Initiatives at 200 West Broadway, Missoula, MT 59802 by 5:00 p.m. MST on July 16, 2008.
Posted June 26, 2008
Want to see more RFPs?
Tufts University Department of Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning
City of Grand Forks, North Dakota
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research