Practice Of Environmentally Sensitive Development Online Course--Registration Deadline: May 26th
The Conservation Fund
The last two decades have seen the emergence and increasing marketability of a new style of land development. Whether referred to as "green," "sustainable," or "environmentally sensitive," the new approaches to land conservation are designed and marketed to balance environmental protection with economic return. The Conservation Fund and Urban Land Institute are "reshowing" the highly successful 2004 edition of the Practice of Environmentally-Sensitive Development on-line offering. Through presentations, case studies and interactive exercises, this course provides "why" and "how-to" advice to members of the development community and others interested in practical, cost-effective ways to apply the principles and techniques of environmentally sensitive development to the real-estate industry.
>What is Environmentally Sensitive Development?
>Project Planning and Project Design
>Project Review and Permitting
>Project Marketing/Building Public Support
>Project Construction and Green Building
>Rating and Evaluation Systems
>Conservation Subdivision Design
>On the Cutting Edge: Conservation Based Affordable Housing
This online course runs from June 19-August 20, 2006. Plan to spend approximately 4-6 hours per week on coursework and interaction, and to log on to the course website regularly. It is expected that students will participate in the entire 8-week course.
There will be self-assessment quizzes offered at the end of each module/week along with a final self-assessment test for the whole course.
For $425 students will receive access to this 8 week course, all resource materials, plus the ability to interact with 6 renowned instructors in the field of environmentally sensitive design.
1. On the Internet, go to: http://training.fws.gov/applic.html
2. Under non-DOI applicants, Click on "Search the Catalog as a guest"
3. Type in keyword: "PESD" and Click ‘Search'
4. Click on the title of the Practice of Environmentally Sensitive Development course.
5. Click "apply" at the bottom of the page, then fill in all required fields; for ‘payment type', choose "not required", then Click "go"
6. Review your submitted information and Click the "submit order" button at the bottom of the page; next screen will confirm that your request has been submitted.
7. A confirmation email will be sent to you indicating that your registration has been submitted; the confirmation email will also provide you with payment options and instructions.
If you have any questions, please contact Margarita Carey at 304-876-7924 or [email protected]
Related Link: Click here for more information!
For more information contact:
The Conservation Fund
698 Conservation Way
Phone: 304 876 7924
Email: [email protected]
Posted May 8, 2006
Want to see more events?
City of Stonecrest
City of Grand Junction Police Department
National Capital Planning Commission
City of Culver City
Salt Lake City Corporation