The Mediation Process -- March 15-19, May 17-21, July 19-23, Sept 27- Oct 1, or Dec 6-10, 2004
Would you like to develop your mediation skills?
This introductory seminar is for people from all professional backgrounds. Public and private sector managers improve their conflict management abilities. Attorneys gain new skills to serve their clients. Therapists, counselors, human resource professionals, health care providers, religious leaders, educators, and consultants complement their other professional skills or incorporate mediation into their professional practice.
Elements of the program:
- Analyzing the causes of conflict and learning strategies to de-escalate conflict
- Structuring mediation sessions for success
- Negotiating strategies that lead to joint problem solving
- Communicating effectively as a mediator
Handling strong emotions
- Responding to ethical dilemmas in mediation
- Managing power issues in mediation
- The program includes several simulated mediation exercises on workplace, community, and environmental conflicts, enabling participants to practice the skills learned in the program, with individual feedback from CDR coaches, who are experienced mediators.
Class location: Boulder, CO
Related Link: http;//www.mediate.org/training
For more information contact:
100 Arapahoe Avenue, Suite 12
Posted January 29, 2004
Want to see more events?
Park City Municipal Corporation
National Capital Planning Commission
City of Santa Fe, New Mexico