RFQ for Visioning and Design Work
The Redevelopment Commission of Greensboro is accepting statements of qualifications to prepare an updated comprehensive redevelopment plan for the Ole Asheboro neighborhood, a historic neighborhood near downtown. This plan will incorporate existing city plans as well as related requirements. Any completed plan is expected to be presented to the City Council for adoption and should include the following elements:
1. Public participation program. The firm will prepare workshop agendas, develop meeting formats, and facilitate neighborhood design charette(s) in coordination with staff and the neighborhood Planning Advisory Committee.
2. Preparation of alternative plans. The firm will prepare design alternatives for development for the neighborhood and the Redevelopment Commission’s review that will form the basis for an updated comprehensive redevelopment plan for the area.
3. Final conceptual plan for redevelopment and implementation strategies. The firm will work with staff to develop a phased plan for new construction, rehabilitation as necessary, transportation and land use changes. The plan will offer direction for additional programs and identify potential partnerships.
STATEMENTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
Interested and qualified firms or consultant Committees are invited to submit a Statement of Qualifications for this project. Statements shall be submitted with an original and seven (7) copies labeled "Ole Asheboro Redevelopment Plan" to the Redevelopment Commission contact specified below. The selection of firms will be based on the information provided in the Statement of Qualifications. The Statements should be organized with the following sections:
1. Executive Summary
2. General Experience Statement: This statement should emphasize the firm's experience in downtown neighborhood planning, infill design, as well as experience with facilitation and design charettes.
3. Project References: References should include contact name, address, phone number and email address and provide evidence of similar work.
4. Project Committee: Provide resumes for specific personnel that will be assigned to the project, including verification that they have experience with similar projects and will be available to complete the project.
5. General Information: This section can be used to provide alternatives or additional information the firm feels would be useful during the review process.
6. Statement of Estimated Fee: Final fees will be negotiated after final selection.
Interested firms should request a copy of the full Request for Qualifications from the contact below.
For more information contact:
Redevelopment Commission of Greensboro, NC
P.O. Box 3136
Email: [email protected]