Active Transportation And Street Design Project Coordinator
City of Austin, Austin Transportation Department
The Austin Transportation Department’sActive Transportation and Street Design Divisionwithin the City of Austin has an opening for a full-time Project Coordinator to assist with efforts to implement the Vision Zero Action Plan with a focus on pedestrian and bicycle safety.
The Austin Transportation Department, Active Transportation and Street Design Division is responsible for improving conditions for walking and bicycling in the City of Austin through bicycle and pedestrian planning, design, education and encouragement.
The Project Coordinator will support policy implementation, planning efforts and programs called for in the Vision Zero Action Plan. In service to Vision Zero goals, this position will support performance measures related to implementation of the Imagine Austin Comprehensive Plan, the Community Health Improvement Plan, the Bicycle Plan, and the Urban Trails Plan, as they relate to improving conditions for walking, bicycling and connecting to and from transit.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about active transportation, has an in-depth understanding of best practices, is comfortable with flexibility, and is able to work in a fast-paced working environment.
- This position requires managing multiple projects simultaneously, and the ability to shift from one project to another without sacrificing quality.
- The ideal candidate will be able to prepare data analyses, track performance measures, create exhibits to be used in public engagement, and other analytical and visualization tasks.
- A strong knowledge of transportation policies, agencies and projects will be necessary for this position.
- This position requires frequent and ongoing communication with multiple ATD divisions, other City Departments, as well as agencies, organizations and individuals outside the City of Austin.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and fluently speak English
- The position requires experience/knowledge in the field, excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to public groups and excellent computer skills
- Participation in related national associations, and an in-depth knowledge of national best practices in active transportation (walking and bicycling)
- Prefer knowledge/experience with NACTO Street Design Guide; NACTO Transit Street Design Guide; AASHTO Guide for the Development of Bicycle Facilities; AASHTO Guide for the Planning, Design, and Operation of Pedestrian Facilities; the City of Austin Bicycle Master Plan, and City of Austin Sidewalk Plan
Minimum qualifications include a degree in engineering, planning, architecture or related field plus three (3) years of experience in construction, engineering, architecture or related work. Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
To apply and be considered for this position, complete the on-line application and attach a resume and cover letter here: http://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/68188
About Austin, Texas
Austin has long been known as a technologically advanced city, a place where new ideas go to be tested and adopted. Austin has enjoyed a robust and diverse economy for the past 10 years, with economic indicators regularly exceeding national averages. Austin metropolitan area is one of the fastest growing in the country, with a 2.9 percent increase in
Delivering a safe, reliable, and sustainable transportation system that enhances the environment and economic strength of the region.