Show us what you're made of with your record of proven success in:
- Planning Technical Knowledge and Skill - knowledge of principles and practices of planning; keeping up with current developments and trends in planning.
- Customer Focus - Commitment to public service to provide an experience that satisfies both internal and external customers.
- Managing Relationships - Meeting the personal needs of individuals to build trust, encourage two-way communication, and strengthen relationships.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments.
- Applied Learning - Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
For a full, detailed class specification, click here.
1. Assists in processing project applications, such as use permits, variances, rezoning and other planning permits and landscape plans.
2. Conducts field inspections related to project applications, land use and conformance to approve plans.
3. Conducts research and analyzes population and use, social, economic and other data for planning activities.
4. Assists in preparation and maintenance of zoning and planning maps.
5. Prepares graphic materials for staff, planning reports, and public meetings, such as Planning Commission and City Council.
6. Explains application procedures to public and assists them in following established application procedures.
7. Writes routine staff reports analyzing project applications in regard to general plan, City ordinances and planning principles.
8. Answers and interprets public inquiries regarding zoning, land use and pertinent ordinances, and general plan conformance.
Skills in: researching planning data; conducting studies, surveys and analyses for general plan, ordinances and project application; exchanging and explaining work related information to other employees and the public; explaining planning procedures/policies/regulations and giving direction to other employees and the public; writing, planning reports and planning administration; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other persons.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!!