Office of Extraordinary Innovation
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has a position for a paid, part-time (16 - 24 hours/week during school year, up to 29 hours/week during school breaks), intern in the Office of Extraordinary Innovation (OEI). We are looking for students interested in expanding their knowledge and work experience in the transportation sector. Salary ranges from $14-$16.50/hour, depending on level of education.
JOB DUTIES: duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with implementation of the Metro Vision 2028 Plan (metro.net/vision2028)
- Research, develop, and implement a variety of innovative concepts for improving mobility in Los Angeles County. This will include analyzing best practices from around the world, researching the successes and failures of similar policies elsewhere, gathering effective data with which we can develop new ideas for Los Angeles, and synthesizing large amounts of information.
- Interface with internal departments, community stakeholders, public agencies, and the private sector
- Participate in data collection and surveys
- Assist with public presentations and workshops
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong research and data analysis skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be dedicated to completing assigned jobs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Potential candidates interested in this position MUST meet the following minimum requirements:
- Full-time student
- Graduate student
- Preferred majors in Urban Planning, Public Policy, Data Science, Public Administration, Political Science, Economics, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Geography, or an equivalent combination of education and experience are encouraged to apply
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested applicants should submit a resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest in OEI and the specific skills you would bring to help make OEI a success. Please submit application by email to Ms. Tham Nguyen at Nguyentha@metro.net by Tuesday, June 12, 2018. Please include the following phrase in the subject line: “Intern Position”.