ONLINE APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5/10/18 @ 11:59 PM PST
City of Las Vegas is accepting internship applications for the assignment below:
Length of Assignment: Up to 15 hours per week.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
Intern (X) – Interns are enrolled in a program of undergraduate study. Students are typically in their junior year. Initially, under close supervision, incumbents conduct duties limited in scope and learn general department and city procedures. As experience is gained, there is the greater independence of action within established guidelines.
Senior Intern (X) – Senior Interns are enrolled in a program of undergraduate study. Students at this level have attained senior year status, and perform higher level, technical, complex or specialized duties related to their academic coursework.
Graduate Intern – Graduate Interns are enrolled in a program of postgraduate study and perform the most difficult and responsible types of duties. Assignments are typically analytical in nature and may include conducting administrative, operational or budgetary studies and surveys; preparing a variety of technical, statistical and narrative reports, correspondence and other written materials; and participating in special projects including research of new programs and services.
Special notes and requirements for all levels in this series:
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited college or university;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident;
- Must be actively enrolled in classes and maintain at least a 2.5 GPA;
- Must have a declared major in Planning or a closely related field.
- May work a maximum of 1,352 hours per year;
- May be employed for a maximum of four years as an intern.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lasvegas/jobs/2041268/intern-x?page=3&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs