Professional Land Planner
Womble Bond Dickinson
- Work from Home
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP seeks a land planning professional to provide advice and consultation and work as a member of our land use and zoning team in our Raleigh office. Locating in Raleigh office is a plus but not required.
The position includes providing direct land use services to clients and assisting Womble Bond Dickinson attorneys in providing legal services to clients. Activities include providing strategic and tactical guidance to address client objectives and concerns during zoning or rezoning actions, during comprehensive transportation planning efforts and roadway design projects, and project development processes. Other key responsibilities include leading rezoning efforts, conducting land use and transportation due diligence for clients and attorneys, reviewing and/or writing zoning reports, reviewing and researching technical documents for local code compliance, interfacing with local and state government planners and decision-makers and providing other consulting services both to clients and Womble Bond Dickinson attorneys.
- Knowledge of city planning principles to include:
- Planning and development process
- Comprehensive planning, including transportation planning and project development
- Land use and zoning
- Knowledge of private business or development strongly preferred - Familiarity with NCDOT project development procedures
- Skills in writing, interpreting, applying, and explaining complex codes, ordinances, and regulations related to urban planning •Strong project and time management skills with attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, particularly to local government boards, commissions, and residents
- Resourceful with publicly available geographic information systems mapping, land-use mapping systems, and real estate/tax records
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with local government staff, officials, and the general public •Willingness to travel in and out of state and to participate in evening government proceeding
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or other related field, with an emphasis in urban or regional planning, or equivalent training and experience
- Four or more years of relevant planning or development experience including progressive leadership of projects developing or navigating current, long range, and comprehensive plans, community/master plans, and public involvement
- Working knowledge of NEPA, transportation, and related laws and planning desired
- Experience in eminent domain a plus
- AICP certification strongly preferred
Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP is committed to leadership in attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce of highly talented professionals.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Pro Disabled and Veteran Employer.
Email: [email protected]Website:
Posted February 8, 2024, 12:06 PM PST
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
Tufts University Department of Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning
City of Grand Forks, North Dakota
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research
City of Birmingham, Alabama
City of Laramie, Wyoming
Colorado Department of Local Affairs