Bicycle-Pedestrian Program Manager
St. Lucie TPO
Port St. Lucie, FL
Experience Level: Mid-Level
AICP Certification: AICP Preferred
Salary: $50,211.20 - $80,288.00 Annually
MAJOR FUNCTION: This is a responsible technical position managing the Bicycle-Pedestrian Planning Program within the independent St. Lucie Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) located in Port St. Lucie, Florida. The opportunity to work remotely from home to complete the job functions will be provided with in person attendance required at various scheduled meetings and public events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Planning, organizing, and promoting public education programs and materials related to the safety and accessibility of pedestrian and bicycle facilities.
- Coordinating and developing relationships with local governments, partner agencies, key stakeholders, civic associations, consultants, and the public on active transportation projects.
- Coordinating TPO Advisory Committee activities and other project committee meetings (e.g., identifying speakers, topics, and outreach opportunities, and creating announcements).
- Supporting the development and implementation of the TPO's Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP), Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), Unified Planning Working Program (UPWP), and related plans, programs, and efforts.
- Managing consultant contracts and overseeing consultant work orders.
- Drafting correspondence, documentation, reports, articles, maps, and meeting summaries.
- Drafting, preparing, and presenting information to the TPO Board, Advisory Committees, outside agencies, and the public.
- Active participation on partner agency committees.
- Creating and maintaining databases.
- Developing, coordinating, and reviewing design plans and improvement projects, including roadway, intersection, pedestrian/bicycle, and other capital projects.
- Reviewing and commenting on development and site plans and traffic studies.
- Performing various transportation-related assignments, including research, data collection, and public outreach and education activities.
- Creating and maintaining project schedules.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in planning, engineering, public administration, education, or a related field.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years or more of professional work experience in planning, engineering, public administration, education, or a related field. A master’s degree in a related field may substitute for one year of this work experience. One (1) year or more of involvement in bicycle-pedestrian related issues either through employment experience or in a volunteer/non-profit capacity. Working experience using social media including Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and leading an initiative to completion in a performance-oriented environment. Working experience with local, state, or federal agencies and/or programs is preferred.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION: Valid Florida’s Driver’s License and must maintain a good driving record. Certification by the American Institute of Certified Planners is preferred.
- Additional Information
Pay Grade 19
Driving Position – Operating County vehicles and/or equipment is a primary function of this position.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING: This position requires a physical, drug testing, driver's license verification and level 1 background screening.
Email: [email protected]Website:
Posted January 19, 2023, 1:47 PM PST
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research
Harvard GSD Executive Education
Harvard GSD Executive Education