North Shore Mobility Options Coordinator
District of North Vancouver
North Vancouver, BC
Salary: The pay range for this unionized auxiliary position is $33.56 to $39.50 per hour (2021 rates) plus 12% in lieu of benefits.Apply Now
Home to vast parkland and attractions including Grouse Mountain, Lynn Canyon and Capilano Suspension Bridge, the District of North Vancouver is inspired by nature, and enriched by people. Designated one of BC’s Top Employers for 4 years, the District offers exciting professional development opportunities and a competitive total compensation package including a nine day fortnight and hybrid work options. This is an exciting time to join the District, as we embark on a range of initiatives to transform digital service delivery, customer experience, and our approach to climate action. Known for being a flexible, family-friendly employer with an inclusive workplace culture, the District of North Vancouver offers an exceptional workplace culture. If you are civic-minded and interested in making an impact on people and businesses on the beautiful North Shore, consider working for the District of North Vancouver.
The District of North Vancouver, in partnership with the District of West Vancouver and the City of North Vancouver, is seeking to fill the role of North Shore Mobility Options Coordinator on an auxiliary basis. You will be an employee of the District of North Vancouver’s Transportation team, and will coordinate between the three municipalities various day-to-day communication, policy development, planning, analysis, and engagement activities related to micromobility. You will provide operational oversight of electric bikeshare, undertake evaluation of pilot projects, and support transportation planning, communications and engagement work in support of mobility options across the North Shore.
You will work with the North Shore e-bike share service provider to ensure high quality service and compliance, and oversee the contractual and operational relationship between the e-bike share operator and the municipalities. You will liaise between and work closely with the District of North Vancouver, City of North Vancouver, and District of West Vancouver on projects of mutual interest, especially relating to micromobility and ride-hailing. You will work with internal and external stakeholders in these three municipalities to evaluate the performance of the multiple programs including e-bike share, e-scooters, and ride-haling. You will collect data and promote awareness of such activities, and you will research, develop, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, projects, and events. You will use data and findings to create content for Council reports and public material regarding the programs. In addition, you will support communications and engagement activities by coordinating with each municipality’s Communications and Privacy staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An interest in advancing micromobility on the North Shore
- A collaborative, respectful, professional, and social working style
- An appreciation for and understanding of municipal governance processes and culture
- Considerable independent judgement and action, be a solutions-oriented self-started who knows when to seek senior guidance
- Considerable knowledge of the policies, practices, procedures, rules and regulations governing the work
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of shared mobility system operations and maintenance best practices
- Sound knowledge of micromobility and ride-hailing
- Ability to deal effectively, efficiently, and collaboratively with a variety of internal and external contacts in processing inquiries and in providing a wide range of information
- Ability to initiate, develop, coordinate and evaluate the performance of the micromobility and ride-hailing programs and to work with communications staff to prepare a variety of promotional and informational material
- Ability to collect, research, interpret, analyze and present data and to provide recommendations on the basis of findings
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with a variety of contacts, including the community and the general public
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports and records related to the work
Applicants must possess a Diploma or Degree from a post-secondary institution in a discipline related to the work. A considerable amount of related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience will also be considered.
The pay range for this unionized auxiliary position is $33.56 to $39.50 per hour (2021 rates) plus 12% in lieu of benefits. The successful candidate will be granted unlimited personal access to Lime e-bikeshare across the North Shore, and are encouraged, if you are able and when conditions are safe, to experience the environment you are serving by bike. As an auxiliary position there is no guarantee on hours, but it is expected this position will work 25-35 hours per week from each municipality’s offices on a rotating basis, meaning that you must be able to travel to each of the following locations by transit, carpool, car, or bike:
- District of North Vancouver District Hall – 355 W. Queens Road, North Vancouver
- City of North Vancouver City Hall – 141 14th St W, North Vancouver
- District of West Vancouver – 3755 Cypress Bowl Road, West Vancouver
If you have what we’re looking for and have a passion to serve people and the community, and a demonstrated commitment to supporting a healthy and safe workplace, we would like to hear from you. Please apply on-line at https://careers.dnv.org by January 31, 2023, to be considered.
*As part of your application, in a separate document please answer the following question:
This position requires the ability to evaluate the performance of pilot programs and projects already underway. Please describe in detail a project or program that you personally evaluated.
We respectfully acknowledge the Coast Salish peoples, specifically the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), on whose ancestral lands the District of North Vancouver is located.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Email: [email protected]Website:
Posted January 17, 2023, 4:52 PM PST
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research
Harvard GSD Executive Education
Harvard GSD Executive Education