Senior CEQA Project Manager
SWCA Environmental Consultants
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Senior CEQA Project Manager with experience helping to prepare, research, and write background studies and all types of CEQA determinations and related activities for our San Luis Obispo office. This is a regular, full-time, salaried position (with benefits) that is a career growth opportunity to join SWCA’s expanding California environmental planning practice. The title/level and compensation of the CEQA Project Manager will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
SWCA’s San Luis Obispo’s office has been providing environmental planning and consulting services for over 30 years and is well known on the Central Coast for having a positive and collaborative office culture. We offer a supportive, team-oriented work environment, competitive wages, and a competitive benefits package, including an employee stock ownership plan (retirement).
What you will accomplish
- Conduct background research and data collection on land use and environmental topics primarily for CEQA documents and less often for NEPA documents.
- Conduct site visits.
- Prepare a wide variety of sections for CEQA and NEPA documents.
- Prepare understandable summaries of some technical environmental background studies prepared by technical experts, such as transportation and circulation, geology and soils, air quality, and/or noise.
- Work closely with and manage a team of planners and technical specialists to produce CEQA and NEPA documents and related tasks.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, environmental science, or a related field required; Master’s degree helpful.
- At least eight years of experience with a public planning agency, an environmental consulting firm, or comparable experience. Those with fewer years of experience may be considered for other related roles.
- Working knowledge of CEQA and other environmental laws and regulations.
- Excellent written, logic, organizational, oral, analytical, and document management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under high-pressure with schedule constraints.
- Willingness to learn, have fun, and grow into increased management responsibilities.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to improve writing and analysis approaches.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of GIS programs desirable.
- Ability to visit the San Luis Obispo office 1X per month preferred.
- Ability to travel to project locations in central California highly preferred.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services.
Our Vision (the North Star) is to make SWCA the best workplace and industry leader in sustainability, bringing sound science and creative solutions to global environmental challenges while maintaining a dedication to employee-ownership. We live our core values: we collaborate as #OneSWCA; we are #AlwaysLearning, we #NeverSettle, and we #GivesBack. We are 100% employee-owned, and we build our success together. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms. We offer a supportive, team-oriented work environment and competitive wages and benefits, including an 100% employee stock ownership plan (retirement).
If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions, then SWCA will be a great fit for you!
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please email [email protected] or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges in all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
An employee in this San Luis Obispo, CA-based position can expect a salary of $105,000.00-$120,000.00/year. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA’s Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more.
Posted January 13, 2023, 9:34 AM PST
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research
Harvard GSD Executive Education
Harvard GSD Executive Education