Associate/Senior Environmental Planner
Urban Planning Partners Inc.
Oakland , CA
Experience Level: Mid-Level
AICP Certification: AICP Not required
Salary: $95,000 to $150,000
Urban Planning Partners (UPP) seeks a full-time Associate/Senior Environmental Planner
Salary Range: $95,000 to $150,000 depending on experience
UPP is seeking to add several talented and highly motivated individuals to our team. Your work will primarily focus on managing the preparation of CEQA documents. Successful candidates will have a strong knowledge of and experience with CEQA and local and regional planning.
Our CEQA work is primarily focused on mixed-use and infill development, transit projects, as well as some programs/plans including Specific Plans and Housing Elements. We are advocates for utilizing the streamline provisions when available and preparing more comprehensive analyses and EIRs when warranted. Some of our current work includes preparing EIRs for the 77 Beale/50 Main Street project in San Francisco proposed by Hines; a similarly large project in Emeryville on Christy Street in Emeryville; and several projects in Oakland including the California College of the Arts Oakland Campus Redevelopment project, the Claremont Hotel Club Expansion and Residential project. We are also preparing several Housing Element EIRs and many streamlined CEQA documents for cities throughout the Bay Area.
Our team is amazing, and we have great clients too! Come join the UPP team!
Minimum of 4 years of planning experience with several years of project management experience on mid-size CEQA projects. Successful candidates will also have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in planning, environmental studies or a related discipline.
- Comprehensive understanding of CEQA and associated case-law.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (including client communication, contract and budget management), ensure quality control, meet deadlines, and work effectively with others.
- Excellent writing/editing, research and analysis (qualitative and quantitative), communication, critical thinking, and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and willingness to do what is needed to get the job done—this is critical in a small boutique firm, everyone does everything.
- Legal eligibility to work in the U.S. and a current driver’s license.
- Flexible, detail-oriented, and have excellent time management and organizational skills. They should have the ability to take initiative, be a problem solver, and work in a fast-paced and professional environment.
Ideally this position would be a hybrid remote/on-site in Oakland or San Luis Obispo area with 3 days in the office.
Why Urban Planning Partners?
At UPP, we help create better places in partnership with our clients and the communities where we work. We credit the success of our projects and the satisfaction of clients to our amazing staff and commitment to our core values: we care, collaborate, and reach, and we are real. UPP has become – and remains – a vital and respected firm, despite our comparatively small size (staff of 15). Come join our team!
UPP offers excellent benefits (vacation, sick, and holiday pay; medical, dental, group life, and long-term disability insurance plans); transit cost reimbursement; monthly wellness stipend; 401k with 3% company contribution; profit sharing; charitable donation matching; and employee referral bonus program. UPP is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply and be considered, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Env Planner App” in the subject line. Please attach a single PDF file that includes both your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, express what position you are applying for and why you are interested in UPP and are a great fit for this position. Thanks, and we look forward to reviewing your application!
Email: [email protected]Website:
Posted January 11, 2023, 3:24 PM PST
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research
Harvard GSD Executive Education
Harvard GSD Executive Education