Economic Recovery Specialist
Paw Paw, MI
Salary: $95,000 to $130,000Apply Now
Kinexus, recently recognized as one of Nonprofit Times 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 Best Nonprofits to Work For, is a cutting-edge community development organization with growing initiatives to create an economically thriving Michigan. We are change agents who create solutions for business, workforce, and community challenges to promote economic vitality.
Market Van Buren has principal responsibilities for economic and community development throughout Van Buren County. We connect people, investments, and organizations with strategies and services that improve the quality of life and economic conditions in our region, specifically Van Buren County. Our Van Buren County staff focuses on developing strategies that will allow our communities to thrive by addressing needs related to workforce, community, and business development. We work collaboratively with regional organizations to maximize economic growth.
OUR DESIRED OUTCOMES:
The Recovery Economic Specialist (REC) serves as a catalyst in economic vitality in Van Buren County following the the decommissioning of Palisades Power Plant. The REC is a pivotal contributor to the Economic Development team within Market Van Buren and is responsible for implementation of recovery strategies outlined in the Economic Development Administration (EDA) grant application, which provides funding for this position. Key efforts include developing funding strategies to implement the Post-Palisades Economic Recovery Plan. Fund development activities include identifying and writing for state and federal grants, along with supporting strategic funding requests. Grant compliance and project management are also functions of the recovery specialist role.
WHAT WE EXEPECT FROM YOU:
- Along side the Southwest Michigan Planning Commission and University of Michigan Economic Growth Institute, support the implementation of the Economic Recovery Plan and overall Economic Development Administration (EDA) grant work.
- Identify and write for federal and state level grants to support economic development recovery and diversification goals for Van Buren County.
- Work with key governmental stakeholders on strategic funding requests to support critical community projects.
- Act as project manager of funds received to ensure compliance and effectiveness.
- Ensure continuous communication on economic progress to the community.
- Through analysis, identify opportunities to grow economic sectors in order to mitigate the impact of the plant closure and support funding strategies
- Work in conjunction with Market Van Buren team members to support ongoing economic development efforts that align with recovery plan priorities.
- Partner with Marketing and the Economic Development Coordinator to develop, maintain and update internal and external communication items related to plan implementation.
- Facilitate and manage the Collaborative Steering Committee meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in economic development, urban planning, marketing, business, public administration, or related field.
- Five years of experience in a related field
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple priorities.
- Experience in writing and managing state and federal grants
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A robust onboarding experience to integrate you into our team.
- Team of Teams training in support of the organizational strategies.
- Job training and development to ensure you are established and growing in your role.
- Cross operational meetings with peers.
- Be a part of transformational change in the Southwest Michigan Region
We have unique culture that requires individuals to be BOLD, INSPIRATIONAL, ENTREPRENEURIAL and INCLUSIVE. We spend more waking hours with each other than we do with family or friends, so finding someone that adds to our culture is extremely important. It is our goal to inspire positive economic change one person, one business, and one community at a time.
Kinexus Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids, reasonable accommodations and or services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Michigan Relay Center: 711 Voice and TDD. Kinexus is a partner of American Job Centers.
Posted August 9, 2022, 10:12 AM PDT
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research
Smart City Expo World Congress
Daniel R. Mandelker
City of Charleston
City of Crystal River
Sun City Center Community Association, Inc