Brailsford & Dunlavey
Costa Mesa, CA
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Brailsford & Dunlavey is seeking a dynamic senior associate who will be based out of our Costa Mesa office. This posting may result in multiple hires.
Ambitious, diverse, multidisciplinary, entrepreneurial: these are all words that describe our team. But what ties B&D employees together is our excitement and passion for advising our clients throughout the facility development process. Whether interviewing students on a college campus, touring classrooms in an elementary school, or sitting with fans on a stadium’s opening day, we are driven by our purpose to advance communities. It starts with our own B&D community; it starts with you.
The senior associate leads a project team that will perform strategic advisory services geared toward the development of university and affiliated projects. Anticipated project types include the needs assessment of student housing, especially affordable housing; analysis and strategic advice toward the development of mixed-use public-private projects including market analysis, partner solicitation, contract negotiations, and project management; strategic real estate planning for colleges seeking to monetize assets or develop innovation villages; and master planning for a range of universities and colleges. It is expected that this position will maintain the day-to-day project management across multiple assignments including coordination of internal staff and engagement with client staff and decision makers. Market analysis, financial analysis, and strategic thinking will be required at multiple levels of interactions with teams and clients. An engaging, critical thinker is necessary to generate the necessary presentations, documentation, and recommendations that inspire our clients to advance projects forward toward implementation.
The senior associate is specifically responsible for managing assigned consulting or PM assignments in accordance with established firm protocol. He/she will direct the activities of the analysts or other staff resources assigned to the project and ensure deliverables meet the client's scope requirements in a timely and effective manner.
The senior associate is typically the primary interface with the client and is charged with effectively managing that relationship.
- Manages a portfolio of PM and/or consulting assignments. Closely monitors his/her assignments and ensures successful and timely completion of project management tasks and responsibilities.
- Directs and supervises the day-to-day activities of analysts and other staff assigned to his/her team. Manage analysts' workloads to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within established work rules.
- Monitors and evaluates performance, rewarding or correcting behavior(s) as appropriate. Ensures that appropriate written documentation on employee performance is maintained.
- Manages the financial and accounting requirements of assignments to include scope pricing, client invoicing and collection activities, and account reconciliation and closing. Ensures that receivables are accurate and current, and accounts are closed in a timely manner.
- Develops or directs the development of, consulting client deliverables to include research, analysis, writing, document review, or presentations.
- Serves as the primary campus contact for clients, communicating as needed to ensure appropriate follow through.
- Actively participates in B&D's business development activities to include assisting with marketing activities, generating new leads, and pursuing additional service opportunities.
- Maintains and stores all records, research and data related to assigned projects. Ensures the firm's legal and fiduciary responsibilities are well documented.
- Directs quality control and client satisfaction activities specific to his/her assigned projects.
- Assists with the recruitment and training of new staff.
- Generates relevant reports or communicates pertinent information in a timely manners to owners, project executives, or other project managers and staff.
- Participates in all appropriate staff meetings and training programs.
- Assists with the company's research and development efforts by identifying new analytical tools, strengthening existing models, or discovering improved ways of doing business.
- Performs other duties as assigned by project executives or principal.
The senior associate will supervise and direct a team of analysts and/or staff.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, economics, finance, urban planning, real estate management, or related field. Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of full-time consulting, project management, or related experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office applications including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to apply technological solutions to consulting or PM assignments.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects of significant scale.
- Ability to be productive in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Strong understanding of real estate, finance and accounting principles.
- Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction and ethical business practices.
- Proven adaptability, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive within a team structure.
- Aptitude and desire for mentoring and training analysts.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of individuals from diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, cultural, disability and ethical backgrounds and sensitivity to/knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented.
Internal contacts include staff at all levels. External contacts include external customers and vendors. Contact involves troubleshooting, informing, exchanging information; negotiating; making recommendations; giving information, orders, or instructions.
Brailsford & Dunlavey is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Office environment; moderate noise.
- Occasional evening or weekend work.
- Air and overnight travel is required.
- Office equipment/computers 8 hours per day.
- Sitting at desk or table for up to 6 hours per day.
- Standing or walking.
- Repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement (while operating computer equipment).
- Eye-Hand coordination (keyboard typing).
- Hearing and talking.
- Extended periods of reading fine print.
- Light to moderate bending, crouching, and stooping (filing).
Email: [email protected]Website:
Posted December 8, 2021, 11:18 AM PST
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
Ferguson Township, Centre County, PA
Town of Palm Beach
Benton-Franklin Council of Governments (BFCOG)