Senior Visual Web Designer (UI/UX)
Los Angeles, CA - Work from Home
Experience Level: SeniorApply Now
Who we are
Urban Insight plans, designs, and develops innovative websites for mission-driven organizations like museums, universities, nonprofits, and cities, and the Planetizen family of websites. We thrive on having a professionally rewarding environment where you continue to learn and grow while creating meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
We're seeking an experienced Senior Visual Web Designer (UI/UX) to join our team. Join a supportive team that values your contribution, and work together to help our clients improve our communities. This position will work closely with our Creative Director on a variety of projects.
Who you are
- You love designing websites and excel at web layouts and UX thinking.
- You have 5+ years of visual web design experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- A portfolio that exemplifies strong visual design and a focus on defining the user experience
- You’re a conceptual thinker that can translate customer needs, behaviors, and project requirements
- Experience creating wireframes and iterating them into a high-fidelity mockup.
- Familiarity with Atomic Design and designing with a component-based design system.
- A true commitment to excellence, and full ownership of your responsibilities.
- Expert and best practices with Adobe XD or similar web design and prototyping applications.
- A strong eye for detail, type, and color.
- Conceptual designs from wireframes
- Prototype interaction and states
- Tablet and mobile views
- Export ready files and style sheets for development
- Participate in regular design reviews where you’ll seek out specific feedback on your designs and incorporate relevant feedback
- Experience designing for Drupal or WordPress.
- An understanding of front-end web development (HTML, CSS, JS) (no coding necessary).
- Work from our LA office in sunny LA, or remotely anywhere in the USA, available 9-5 from any US time zone.
- We are seeking a contract-to-hire position. We'd like to work with you for a month or so on a project on a freelance basis, and then move to a full-time position.
About Urban Insight
- Urban Insight is a Los Angeles-based digital agency with 28 team members. https://www.urbaninsight.com/
- Urban Insight is the company that designed and supports Planetizen and Planetizen Courses.
- We work with some of LA’s best-known institutions, such as LACMA, The Broad, Planetizen Courses, University of Southern California, City of Los Angeles, and the Japanese American National Museum.
- We’re the top-ranked Web development agency in Los Angeles, according to Clutch, an independent analyst. Have a look at what our clients say about us: https://clutch.co/profile/urban-insight
- We have a clearly defined project management methodology and case management system.
- We run on the Entrepreneurial Operating System.
Why Work with Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
- We work with you to create a career path that works for you.
- The average employee tenure is 6.5 years.
- We're stable. We've been in business for 20 years, and continue to grow each year.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and enjoy 40-hour work weeks 98% of the time.
- We allocate time for training and professional development.
- There are many more reasons: https://www.urbaninsight.com/careers
We offer a highly competitive salary (benchmarked using Payscale) which depends on your qualifications, experience, education, and certifications. Our salary package includes:
- Health insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Dental insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match (after 60 days).
- An annual, customized training plan and time to work on it.
- Paid sick leave (5 days).
- Paid vacation leave (10 days).
- Performance and compensation reviews annually.
Please apply online and submit
- Your resume
- Your portfolio (please include web examples)
Thanks for your interest in working with us at Urban Insight.
Posted October 13, 2021, 9:33 AM PDT
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research
Rowan University's Department of Geography, Planning, & Sustainability
City Of Oakland
Hillsborough County Public Schools
City of Raleigh