Technical Assistance Manager - California
Safe Routes Partnership
CA - Work from Home
Experience Level: Mid-Level
The Safe Routes Partnership is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional with strong active transportation technical assistance skills and a commitment to equity to join the Safe Routes Partnership as our Technical Assistance Manager - California. We welcome applicants with a passion for advancing safe walking and bicycling to school and in daily life and a dedication to creating livable, equitable, sustainable communities. Successful candidates will work from their home office, and must be based in California.
Applications due: October 21, 2021 by 5 pm ET
The Technical Assistance Manager is responsible for advancing the technical assistance and policy-related work of the Safe Routes Partnership in support of the Safe Routes to School, Safe Routes to Parks, active transportation, environmental justice, transportation equity, and healthy communities movements. Responsibilities include providing program and policy-related technical assistance through contracts and grants, developing resources and publications, and providing support to prospect and secure mission-related consulting work. The technical Assistance Manager will serve as the lead project manager or subject matter expert on contracts as assigned by the Consulting and Program Support Director.
We are particularly looking for individuals for the following key responsibilities:
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership for consulting work and projects related to Safe Routes to School and active transportation.
- Develop toolkits, action plans, reports, and other training and educational resources related to Safe Routes to School, active transportation, healthy communities, and equity for assigned consulting work and projects.
- Build and sustain partnerships with diverse and non-traditional local and national organizations to share resources, best practices, and increase demand for healthy, accessible, and safe communities.
- Participate in recruiting and nurturing relationships with other organizations, national nonprofits, and community groups to build consulting portfolio of work.
- A deep understanding of and experience with authentic, equity-focused, community-centered engagement, and building consensus with diverse coalitions and multiple viewpoints.
- Support the Consulting and Program Support Director in scoping and writing successful consulting proposals.
Please review the job description for more details about the position responsibilities and qualifications. The salary range for this at-will position is $68,000 – $75,000 depending on experience and qualifications, plus health insurance benefits, paid time off, and optional participation in a deferred compensation plan. A PC computer plus telephone and internet access will be provided. Successful candidates will work from their home office, and must be based in California.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit (via email) a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples in one PDF format to [email protected]. Ensure that the subject line of your email includes the text “Technical Assistance Manager.” We are not accepting email or telephone call inquiries.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged with an email reply. Applications will be accepted until October 21, 2021 by 5 pm ET. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply early. Telephone inquiries are not accepted.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining our dynamic, visionary, and growing national non-profit. Visit www.saferoutespartnership.org for more information about our organization.
The Safe Routes Partnership is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our staff, our work environment, and the change we want to see in our society. We value a diverse staff with a wide range of life experiences because we recognize that we are stronger when our organization and work benefit from the innovative contributions, creative solutions, practical know-how, and community insights brought by people of different backgrounds. Diversity of experience, ideas, and viewpoints is a priority, and candidates with varied education levels, skills, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of different religions, nationalities, genders, and sexual orientations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Email: [email protected]Website:
Posted October 12, 2021, 8:59 AM PDT
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
Rowan University's Department of Geography, Planning, & Sustainability
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research