Land Use Planner
San Francisco, CA
Experience Level: Entry Level
ALTERNATE TITLE: Project Associate
REPORTS TO: Program Manager or Regional Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Modus is currently searching for highly talented and driven Land Use Planner in our downtown San Francisco office for the following:
- Assisting the Director of Development, Program Manager or Project Manager with projects through all phases of planning through construction (leasing, permitting, applications, zoning, RF and construction)
- Walking sites
- Completing and submitting utility applications
- Conducting research and reviewing multiple jurisdictional zoning ordinances as it pertains to wireless telecommunication facilities
- Preparing preliminary zoning/permitting analyses in accordance with jurisdictional requirements
- Providing site-specific design, zoning & permitting analyses for selected sites
- Preparing zoning/permit/leasing applications
- Reviewing architectural drawings and other zoning collateral
- Coordinating with architects, engineers and other interdisciplinary teams as needed to obtain zoning & leasing approval
- Working diligently to expedite jurisdictional approval processes & project timelines
- Attending and presenting at site design visits, community meetings and hearings
- Effectively managing and communicating ongoing project status to clients
- Completing ad hoc projects and performing necessary off-site tasks as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience as a Land Use Planner or Planning Assistant or similar
- Bachelors or Masters in Planning or related field a plus
- High level of proficiency with Excel (and Microsoft Office Suite)
- Proficiency with Sitetracker/Salesforce database a plus
- Ability to work within established processes (and improve processes as needed) to provide uniform deliverables and performance
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Multi-tasking and ability to manage and prioritize various projects in multiple markets simultaneously while adhering to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and manage own time with little supervision
- Proactive in problem solving and team work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to follow up with team members and clients until deadlines are met
- We believe strongly in providing opportunities for growth for all our employees. Things change at lightning speed in our industry and it serves both employees and company to continually expand our knowledge to be ready for these changes. We value not just good work, but smart work—the drive and curiosity to explore new ways of doing things and to look for opportunities that others may have missed.
- Modus was the first wireless services company in the US to become a Certified B Corporation®. B Corps™ meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability, and aspire to use the power of markets to solve social and environmental problems. Collectively, B Corps lead a growing global movement of people using business as a force for good.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes performance bonuses, paid time off, company sponsored health insurance plan (medical/dental/vision), life & disability insurance, commuter benefits, and 401(k) plan.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Use subject: "Applying for Land Use Planner - SF position"
Email: [email protected]Website:
Posted October 5, 2021, 8:59 AM PDT
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
Rowan University's Department of Geography, Planning, & Sustainability
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research