City of Fairfield
Experience Level: Mid-Level
$38.77 - $52.02 Hourly
$3,101.60 - $4,161.60 Biweekly
$6,720.13 - $9,016.80 Monthly
$80,641.60 - $108,201.60 Annually
The City of Fairfield Planning Division is currently accepting applications to fill two Planner positions. Based on the successful candidates' qualifications and experience, the positions may be filled at either the Assistant or Associate level.
To see about what current employees say about working for the City of Fairfield click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NdyfdCNWn4
To apply, please click here: https://apptrkr.com/2541071.
Performs complex professional level duties and technical work of moderate difficulty in City planning with increasing independence; assist in field and office studies for master plan development and subdivision and zoning administration; and to perform related work as required.
Performs professional level duties and technical work in City planning; to assist in field and office studies for master plan development and subdivision and zoning administration; and to perform related work as required.
• Three (3) years of professional level experience in current planning with a public agency are required.
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in urban planning or related field is required. A Master's degree in planning or related field is desirable.
• One (1) year of experience in planning with a public agency equivalent to a Junior Planner with the City of Fairfield is required.
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in urban planning or a related field is required.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Review or assist in the review of moderately difficult development proposals for conformance with appropriate regulations.
• Evaluate site plans and building plans, parcel maps, subdivision proposals, re-zonings, ordinance and General Plan amendments, use permits, variances and other proposals.
• Prepare and present detailed reports on development proposals to government bodies.
• Evaluate projects under the California Environmental Quality Act and National Environmental Policy Act.
• Provide information to the public and City staff regarding zoning regulations, development policies and departmental procedures.
• Conduct field evaluations and assessments.
• Check commercial, industrial and residential development plans for consistency with development approvals.
• Research, analyze, and interpret social, economic, population and land use data and trends.
• Compile information and make recommendations on special studies.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS 5:00PM ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2021.
Posted October 5, 2021, 8:59 AM PDT
Find your next career opportunity in planning and urban design.
Rowan University's Department of Geography, Planning, & Sustainability
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research