Systems Design Engineering, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-Level
AICP Certification: AICP Preferred
Planner I / Planner II
SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEERING, INC
Leesport, PA United States
The selected candidate will act as representative for various municipal clients.
- 4 years of experience (preferred) in the municipal planning, staffing public boards, plan review for sketch, preliminary and final plan stages.
- Experienced in project management; comprehensive planning studies
- Subdivision / land development review and design for residential, commercial and industrial projects
- Preparation of zoning, landscape, lighting, and SALDO ordinances and updates
- Recreation/park planning; public participation; and expert testimony for zoning, land development, site planning and environmental issues
- Experience in management, site selection and facility planning studies, environmental assessments, program development, project management
- Preparation of PennVEST, RUS, DCNR, PennDOT, DCED and/or CDBG funding applications for a variety of municipal projects
- Professional writing in the form of review letters, staff reports, plan updates, ordinances, etc
- A preferred candidate will demonstrate a well-rounded understanding of a wide variety of municipal planning topics and technical experience with zoning, land development and plan review
CERTIFICATIONS: American Institute of Certified Planners (preferred)
DUTIES: PLAN REVIEW/COMPREHENSIVE PLANNING / LAND DEVELOPMENT
Subdivision / Land Development Plan Review: Planning Consultant to numerous local municipalities for subdivision / land development reviews, zoning reviews, plan updates, etc.
Municipal Planning Studies:
- Comprehensive Plan Updates
- Zoning Ordinance Updates
- SALDO Updates
- Act 537 Sewage Facilities Plans
- Recreational Planning
- Miscellaneous Ordinances either as stand-alone or zoning amendments for municipalities covering: mini-cell towers, landscaping, agricultural preservation, steep slopes, lighting, outdoor furnace, age restricted residential developments, wind power generation, marijuana control, hazardous animals, junkyards, solid waste facilities, and rental inspections
- Municipal Codification of Ordinances
- Zoning Officer for various municipalities
- Required: a bachelor's degree in city/urban/regional planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering, geography, environmental science or related field with extensive experience in the subjects stated above.
- Preferred: the ideal candidate will possess a bachelor's degree in any of the above stated fields and master's degree in city/urban/regional planning with experience in the subjects stated above.
- The salary for this position is commensurate with experience with a generous benefits package. Company match (3%) IRA, and typical fiscal year includes a generous year-end bonus.
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Email: [email protected]Website:
Posted September 3, 2021, 12:10 PM PDT