Planning Manager (Limited Term)
City of Stanton
Experience Level: Senior
AICP Certification: AICP Preferred
Salary: $7,235.00 - $9,233.00 Per MonthApply Now
This is a full-time/limited term benefitted position funded by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)
WORK SCHEDULE: 4 day workweek (Monday-Thursday).
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, the purpose of this position is to manage, supervise and coordinate the economic development and planning division activities of the Community and Economic Development Department including ARPA specific projects including, but not limited to, Outdoor Dining Design and Safety Guidelines, Town Center Specific Plan Public Improvement Implementation, City-wide Curb and Parking Management Plan, General Plan and Zoning Ordinance Update, Multi-family Residential Common Open Space Improvements, Neighborhood Revitalization, Economic Development Recovery Management; to coordinate planning activities with other City divisions and departments; and to provide highly responsible staff assistance to the Community and Economic Development Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of planning and economic development goals, objectives, policies, and priorities.
- Plan, organize, evaluate and participate in the functions and activities of the Department, including current and advanced planning.
- Supervise and participate in planning and economic development activities; evaluate the need for and develop procedures, methods and schedules.
- Provide assistance to the City Council and Planning Commission; participate in professional and public meetings as required.
- Assist in the preparation of Requests for Proposals, grant applications, contract management, budget implementation, forecast of additional funds and staff resources, equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Review and analyze development plans for compliance with the General Plan, zoning, and City regulations and policies; review use permits, subdivision, rezoning requests, variance and other land use entitlements.
- Participate in the preparation of the Planning Commission agenda and the scheduling of all planning related matters for the Planning Commission and other related boards and commissions.
- Supervise the administration of the General Plan and adopted development policies; direct planning studies and projects; prepare complex reports.
- Interpret ordinances and regulations as they apply to planning applications.
- Review application requests and appeals submitted to the Division with respect to completeness, scheduling for Planning Commission and City Council.
- Confer with staff to review current and proposed projects, work schedules, organization and personnel problems.
- Confer with builders, engineers, contractors, attorneys, architects, and the public concerning Division procedures, interpretation, and application of City planning policies and ordinances, and conditions imposed on approved applications.
- Respond to and resolve difficult citizen inquiries and complaints regarding planning and zoning matters.
- Coordinate planning activities with other City departments and with outside agencies.
- May represent the Division at staff and City Council meetings.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Five years of professional planning and administration experience in the field of municipal planning.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in planning or a related field.
APPLY BY: 5 PM on September 22, 2021. If you are interested in this outstanding career opportunity, please submit a completed City employment application to [email protected] or City of Stanton, 7800 Katella Ave., Stanton, CA 90680. For a detailed employment announcement, visit the City's website: www.stantonca.gov. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Human Resources at (714) 890-4225.
Posted September 1, 2021, 8:45 AM PDT