City of Stanton
Experience Level: Mid-Level
AICP Certification: AICP Not required
Salary: $5,120 - $6,535 per month
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of journey level professional duties in support of the Community and Economic Development Department including planning, zoning, development, housing, economic development and other development related services and functions and provide professional assistance on Community and Economic Development Department projects and issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provide a variety of professional support to Community Development and Economic Department projects including those in the area of planning, zoning, development, housing, and other development related services and functions.
- Confer with the general public to acquire information and coordinate development services matters; provide information regarding City development requirements; work with a variety of professionals, agencies, and the public to reach agreement on acceptable site plans; prepare reports of recommendations.
- Coordinate a variety of Community and Economic Development Department activities and services with other City departments, divisions, and outside agencies.
- Conduct various assigned studies in the community to gather data for evaluating projects and issues including environmental assessments, the General Plan, regional or local area issues, and land use trends; develop and present reports and recommendations.
- Perform extensive research regarding implementation of policies established by the General Plan, land use, and other related development ordinances; interpret and apply laws and regulations to ensure the compliance of Community and Economic Development Department projects with municipal code amendments and environmental quality laws and regulations.
- Maintain appropriate records, statistics, and materials necessary for project activity.
- Examine plans and specifications of new construction additions and alterations to residential, commercial, and industrial buildings to determine compliance with provisions of applicable zoning regulations.
- Accept and analyze development applications; prepare appropriate noticing; attend public hearings and follow up on matters requiring a zoning administration decision.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Two years of responsible professional urban planning and redevelopment experience.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in urban planning, economics, urban studies, geography, environmental studies, public administration, or a related field.
APPLY BY: 5 pm on September 16, 2021. If you are interested in this outstanding career opportunity, please submit a completed City employment application to [email protected] or City of Stanton, 7800 Katella Ave., Stanton, CA 90680. For a detailed employment announcement, visit the City's website: www.stantonca.gov. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Human Resources at (714) 890-4225.
Posted August 27, 2021, 8:46 AM PDT