Senior Web Developer (Drupal)
Los Angeles, CA - Work from Home
Experience Level: SeniorApply Now
Are you an experienced backend Drupal Developer looking for a professionally rewarding environment where you continue to learn and are supported by your peers while you help build meaningful projects for appreciative clients?
We're seeking an experienced, sharp backend Drupal developer to join our team to help develop websites and web apps for mission-focused organizations like museums, universities, nonprofits, and cities. Join a supportive team that values your contribution, and where we work together to help our clients improve our communities.
This position is primarily focused on backend Drupal development. We also welcome candidates that have full-stack experience.
Our office is located in sunny Los Angeles, CA. This position is available for fully remote, partially remote, or in-office, depending on your preference. If remote, you must be physically present in the US.
- Create beautiful and compelling websites you can be proud of, for appreciative and mission-focused clients.
- Work as part of a project team that typically includes a technical project manager, developers, designers, and quality assurance specialist.
- Participate in 2-3 meetings with colleagues per week.
- Plan and create websites using Drupal 7, 8, and/or 9.
- Write clear, concise documentation and case updates.
- 3+ years experience with Drupal 7
- Experience installing and building Drupal 7 modules
- Familiarity with Drupal 7 theme development
- 2+ years experience with Drupal 8 and/or 9
- Strong grasp of PHP and knowledge of Symfony
- Experience building Drupal 8 modules
- Experience with custom Twig functions
- Familiarity with Drupal 8's core APIs
- 3+ years of experience with PHP and MySQL
- 5+ years of web development experience
- Bachelor’s degree, any field
- Work from our office in sunny Los Angeles, or remotely anywhere in the USA, available 9-5 from any US time zone
Your Career Path
The position offers multiple career paths within Urban Insight. The most likely career path for a high-achieving technical team member is Web Developer, Senior Web Developer, Web Engineer, Senior Web Engineer, Director.
About Urban Insight
- Urban Insight is a Los Angeles-based digital agency with 25 team members. https://www.urbaninsight.com/
- We work with some of LA’s best-known institutions, such as LACMA, The Broad, Planetizen Courses, University of Southern California, City of Los Angeles, and the Japanese American National Museum.
- We’re the top-ranked Web development and Drupal agency in Los Angeles, according to Clutch, an independent analyst. Have a look at what our clients say about us: https://clutch.co/profile/urban-insight
- We have a clearly defined project management methodology and case management system.
- We run on the Entrepreneurial Operating System.
Why Work at Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
- We work with you to create a career path that works for you.
- The average employee tenure is 6.5 years.
- We're stable. We've been in business for 20 years, and continue to grow each year.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and enjoy 40-hour work weeks 98% of the time.
- Code review is built into most projects so developers have an opportunity to learn from their peers in a collaborative environment.
- There are many more reasons: https://www.urbaninsight.com/careers
We offer a competitive salary (benchmarked using Payscale) which depends on your qualifications, experience, education, and certifications. Our salary package includes:
- Health insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Dental insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match (after 60 days).
- An annual, customized training plan and time to work on it.
- Paid sick leave (5 days).
- Paid vacation leave (10 days).
- Performance and compensation reviews annually.
If you are interested in working with us, please apply on this website using the form on this page.
Posted August 26, 2021, 8:49 AM PDT