Zoning Code Specialist
Raimi + Associates
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Salary: Generous benefits package includes a competitive salary; fully paid medical, dental, and vision; vacation and sick days; retirement account and company-sponsored contributions; and time and resources for professional development.Apply Now
About This Position
We are seeking a Zoning Code Specialist (5 to 8 years of experience) to join our firm in either Berkeley or Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate should be an independent self-starter who enjoys a casual and fun work environment but can multi-task and remain organized and focused within the fast-paced demands of consulting. The position offers the opportunity to take on a range of tasks, including writing zoning codes and preparing development and design regulations as part of specific plans. Additional responsibilities include assisting with project application review, specific planning, community engagement, proposal writing, and business development. Understanding of California planning law and experience in zoning code preparation is required.
- Preparing zoning codes.
- Preparing development and design regulations either as stand-alone documents or as parts of specific plans.
- Reviewing development projects and preparing design review memos.
- Conducting research and analysis of precedents and best practices in support of a variety of planning, regulatory, and design projects.
- Assisting with public outreach and participation, including workshops and social media.
- Assisting with writing and organizing proposals and other business development activities.
- Managing projects (may vary depending on level of experience).
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in planning, urban design, architecture, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant work experience in the planning field. A significant proportion of the experience must be work completed in California. Current planning experience is desired but not required.
- Experience working on a variety of planning projects including current planning, Specific Plans, design standards/guidelines, zoning codes, architecture entitlements, and other related projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working on public engagement programs in diverse communities.
People of color and candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant work products (10 pages max) to [email protected].
Email: [email protected]Website:
Posted August 26, 2021, 10:00 AM PDT