Posted and Recruited by Workplace Change on behalf of ECONorthwest
ECONorthwest is seeking an experienced Project Manager with five to eight years of professional experience who will manage projects on topics relating to urban planning, housing policy, transit-oriented development, economic development, real estate development and market analysis, land use policy development, and plan implementation strategies. The Project Manager will guide project teams throughout ECONorthwest’s network to ensure successful completion of project goals and client objectives. The Project Manager with manage multiple projects and proposal efforts simultaneously while balancing time and resources across projects. This position will be based out of our Los Angeles office and collaborate with other team members across all our office locations.
- 2 or more years’ experience interfacing with California land use and housing policy
- A master’s degree in urban planning, economics, public policy, real estate, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years of professional experience in urban planning, housing policy, economic development, real estate development, or local government.
- Intellectual curiosity and critical thinking, with an interest in the economics of development and the public policy that enables development.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications.
- Familiarity with California land use and housing policy.
- Dependable, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Collaborative, flexible, and willing to perform a diversity of tasks.
- Experience conducting and leading technical analyses such as development feasibility analysis, housing capacity analysis, commercial market analysis, and infrastructure funding and finance analysis.
- Ability to manage effective and inclusive teamwork across multi-disciplinary teams.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience managing general plans, specific plans, housing elements, and knowledge of Regional Housing Needs Allocations.
- Experience working in a consulting environment.
- Experience facilitating client and stakeholder meetings and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Experience with marketing and business development including proposal writing, representing teams in project interviews, and building client relationships.
- Actively works to develop a diverse professional network and seeks opportunities for business development.