We are seeking an individual well-versed in a range of urban planning services, including but not limited to transit planning, network redesign, and technological integration (e.g., fleet electrification), Complete Streets, emerging mobility policy, planning and design (e.g., MaaS, MoD, shared micromobility services, microtransit, etc.), area-wide and corridor planning, parking and curbside management, and equitable policies, performance planning and engagement practices.
The ideal candidate shall have experience in managing complex projects and working alongside multiple team members, including primes, subconsultants, and third-party vendors. They must be well-versed in research and technical aspects of transportation planning. They must understand concept development through project implementation and the methods required to achieve success.
- Critical thinker who excels at problem solving and quantitative analysis.
- Collaborative and positive professional who can establish relationships and positively impact stakeholders within the City of Chicago and its allied and partner agencies and beyond.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of current planning principles, best practices and procedures as they apply to transportation infrastructure and service delivery with the ability and passion to develop transformative solutions for an equitable future.
- Master’s degree in City/Urban Planning, Transportation Engineering or related planning field or equivalent experience.
- 8 years of experience in quantitative transportation analysis and translating technical findings into actionable recommendations (e.g., process, implementation, cost, etc.)
- AICP registration or Professional Engineer.
- Active member and participant of planning, engineering, design or community-based organizations and industry associations.