BendonAdams is a three person firm with over fifty years of combined planning experience and an established reputation for creative planning and historic preservation projects. The Planner will work closely with BendonAdams principles on multiple projects starting with conceptual design development and due diligence to entitlements, including project management and community outreach. This position requires creativity, a sense of humor, and ability to multi-task. BendonAdams is a small, busy, collaborative planning firm that highly values personal initiative, a solution-oriented approach to the planning process, and an ability to strategically understand the big picture. This role is a critical part of the planning process and can be a combination of in office and remote.
Start date: 6/1/2021
Hours: Full time
Location: Aspen, CO and work from home
Compensation: Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Background research on projects
- Assist with project entitlements
- Coordinate with local agencies throughout entitlement process.
- Organize and coordinate public outreach efforts for high profile projects
- Compile land use applications
- Manage all graphic design services
- Create project presentations, maps, and other graphics to support project strategy
- Maintain and produce new graphics and marketing material for applications, one-page summaries, and similar work products
- Manage website
- Coordinate press releases
- Organize and implement all mailings and posting for projects and marketing
- Degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Historic Preservation or related field, or experience working in related field
- Experience that demonstrates skills in complex project management and multi-tasking
- Ability to create graphics and presentations
- Strong deadline driven work ethic
- Ability to read architectural plans
- Demonstrated proficiency in GIS, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator), and ability to learn Wordpress
- Motivated, organized self-starter
- Sense of humor and positive approach to life
- Healthy work/life balance
- Dog ownership, just kidding. We have 5 office dogs between 3 people.
- BendonAdams is a fun planning firm that enjoys the creative process, the outdoors, and finding the humor in the mundane.
- We support a collaborative work environment with a focus on the development of individual interests.
- We are committed to sustainable design, development of affordable housing, and promoting historic preservation.
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Ski pass