Housing and Grants Coordinator
The City of Henderson is excited to announce an examination to create an eligibility list to to fill one (1) vacancy for a Housing and Grants Coordinator in the Department of Community Development and Services. The eligibility list created from this recruitment may be used to fill vacancies for up to (1) year.
Under general supervision, manages and administers the City's housing and grant programs in accordance with established regulations; oversees complex financial and real estate deal structuring; seeks new funding opportunities; ensures the City makes the most efficient use of available funds while promoting affordable housing and community and economic development for the benefit of low income residents; and performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business, nonprofit management, urban studies or related field
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in program management relating to community development (including housing and commercial real estate development), grants management, property management, or social services, two (2) years of which were at a supervisory level
- Preferred Qualification: Master's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Urban Planning
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license as defined by NRS 483
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
Oral Board Interview with Presentation Component (Weighted 100%) - Wednesday, April 28, 2021 and/or Thursday, April 29, 2021
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Selection Interview with Written Component - Tuesday, May 4, 2021
(Top Scoring Candidates)
All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be available via Microsoft Teams or available to be in the Henderson, Nevada area to participate in the interview process at any time on any of the dates listed above. The City reserves the right to modify these dates and candidates will be notified should that happen.