Senior Project Manager
Do You Have A Passion For Public Outreach And Engagement?
InGroup Inc. is a growing public relations and marketing agency, focused on engaging customers and communities for their involvement with public transportation, energy, construction/infrastructure/redevelopment projects that look to improve transit, neighborhoods, and regional economic development. InGroup has a quarter-century of experience in helping public and private clients achieve their messaging, outreach, engagement, and overall project goals.
As a qualified and certified Women- and Small- owned (WBE/SBE) business, our team members must be nimble, creative, self-starting and driven to excellence. We not only value collaboration – we thrive on it – and our clients are the ultimate beneficiaries of our diverse viewpoints and talents. Our roots are steeped in the belief that all voices be heard. We value equity by honoring and incorporating diversity into our ethos, approach, and actions.
InGroup strives be a valuable strategic partner to deliver innovative marketing, public relations, and digital strategy and support, while building and maintaining key market relationships for our clients through creative development, management, and implementation of varied programs and multi-channel campaigns.
We would like you to be part of our next 25 years as we seek an experienced Project Manager for a full-time position.
Why Work For Us?
We offer a work environment that allows our team members to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on development while creating value in the work and relationships. At InGroup, you're encouraged to think creatively, to act independently, and to develop individual solutions for our unique clientele. Management empowers an individualized approach to problem-solving with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill. We want our team members to grow with us as we expand our business. That's why we provide mentoring, skills development and other competitive benefits.
We believe in flexibility, accountability, teamwork, innovation, professionalism, and responsiveness. If you’re a naturally self-motivated, customer-minded, and a collaborative person with a strong project management track record who is truly passionate about transportation and large infrastructure projects, who can see the BIG picture and, who thrives in a startup culture, then we want to hear from you.
Our office is in Newark, NJ and most projects are within the tristate region. We accommodate working remotely, whenever feasible.
Coordinates and directs long-term or high-profile projects from inception to final product or outcome.
- Creates project plans, including scope, timeline and budget.
- Assembles project teams. Identifies new resources as required.
- Guides projects from inception to completion. Assigns tasks, creates task-level objectives and key results, adjusts to changes in resource availability and project requirements.
- Ensures that all team players have what they need to get their work done. And if they don’t, figuring out what’s needed to get them what they need and remove roadblocks.
- Facilitates communications between clients and other stakeholders. Project managers make sure everyone has all the information they need, while ensuring team members are communicating clearly with one another, and the customer is continually and accurately briefed.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required; Masters in Planning/Transportation Planning or PMP preferred
- Experience: 3-7 years of related experience
- Project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Time management
- Active listening
- Judgment and decision making
- Complex problem solving
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other Office 365 applications
Commensurate with qualifications
We encourage all who are interested to apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
This job description is for an at-will position. InGroup, Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities and all other employment laws and regulations. We intend to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, American flag display, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. InGroup, Inc. is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy regarding all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.