Complete Streets Practice Leader
Position: Complete Streets Practice Leader (Tampa or Orlando)
Requisition Number: 2021-2640-03
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking an experienced Transportation Engineer to advance and grow S&ME's Complete Streets practice.
S&ME is committed to Placemaking, including the Planning, Design and Construction of Complete Streets. More than just an emerging market in Transportation, we understand that the redevelopment of roads into Complete Streets improves the equity, safety and quality of life in our communities. The successful candidate would advance an existing practice in Florida, throughout the existing S&ME footprint in the Southeast and Midwest United States, and beyond.
- Advance a Complete Streets practice (including Transportation Planning and Engineering) in Florida that is focused on Transportation Engineering, Multi-modal Systems Planning and Placemaking.
- Establish market share within FDOT, MPOs and local governments;
- Build and maintain a transportation services team by recruiting and mentoring new team members;
- Work cooperatively with other group leaders, project managers, area managers, and others, as needed, to ensure technical excellence and deliver quality deliverables;
- Manage and schedule resources to meet client deadlines;
- Manage projects and budgets ensuring the delivery of successful projects on time and within budget;
- Oversee quality of transportation planning deliverables.
The successful candidate will help to build and lead an interdisciplinary team of Transportation professionals committed to Placemaking and the planning and design of Complete Streets in Florida and across S&ME's footprint. The successful candidate will be instrumental in the completion of various transportation engineering-related tasks including safety studies, corridor studies, multimodal studies, intersection analyses, arterial analyses and other related transportation engineering studies. The candidate will build and lead a team of transportation professionals to investigate transportation problems, provide solid technical analysis to support recommended solutions and may assist in the development of concept level design plans for transportation related projects. This position will provide the right individual a unique opportunity to lead a holistic planning and engineering team within an employee-owned company.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university;
- Licensed PE, Florida PE and PTOE preferred;
- Fifteen (15) or more years of experience with some combination of traffic safety, traffic operations analysis, signal optimization, corridor studies and/or complete streets/multimodal design experience;
- Demonstrated experience in pursuing and winning work;
- Demonstrated experience building an engineering team;
- Demonstrated proficiency with one or more traffic simulation packages including (VISSIM, Synchro, etc.);
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and listening, and technical writing skills;
- Experience working on ITS and/or Transit projects a plus;
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Candidate will have good interpersonal skills, as well as ability to work and interface well in a collaborative project team environment;
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations.
https://smeinc.applicantpro.com/jobs/1695365.html This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor