Planning and Projects Manager
The North Central Regional Transit District is an award-winning rural transit provider based in beautiful northern New Mexico. We are seeking qualified candidates for the role of Planning and Projects Manager. Come join our team of dedicated professionals and be part of the NCRTD family. The NCRTD offers an impressive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as paid time off, tuition reimbursement, an great pension plan and more!
General Purpose of the Position
The Planning and Projects Manager will perform a variety of professional and technical administrative duties related to analyzing, evaluating, planning, and coordinating overall transit services; grant and funding acquisition; and project management for the NCRTD.
The Planning and Projects Manager will among other duties:
- Manage major planning studies.
- Perform transportation demand management planning activities.
- Coordinate major special operational and/or administrative projects.
- Identify and research sources of funding and prepare applications and amendments and monitor and comply with funding requirements.
- Prepare project scope for Requests for Qualifications and Requests for Proposals to solicit service for the NCRTD.
- Review approved transit service plans, evaluate and design new and existing bus routes.
- Represent NCRTD at various municipal and government events and efforts.
- Perform tasks associated with Federal and State reporting requirements which include (but not limited to) NTD and Rural Transit Data reports, DBE reporting to the State, and grant/funding progress reports.
- Graduation from college with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Transportation, Public Administration, Transportation Planning, Business Administration or other related field.
- Five (5) years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable professional transit planning or related operational or administrative experience, two (2) years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment Requirements: Employment is subject to pre-employment alcohol and/or drug testing and background checks.
Location: Espanola, NM
Interested candidates may apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/NCRTD/jobs/2992778/planning-and-projects-manager
The NCRTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.