Senior Director, Multifamily & Mixed-Use Development
McWhinney is a privately held full service real estate development, investment and management company with a team of highly talented associates. We are passionate about creating great places for people and providing fabled experiences. We are "evergreen," which means that we constantly strive to prosper in all phases of the real estate cycle. At McWhinney, we attract and retain the best and brightest in the industry and are constantly building our team to achieve our goals.
The Senior Director – Multifamily and Mixed Use is responsible for managing a Mixed-Use development project throughout its lifecycle and for its ultimate transition to the Multifamily Operations or Mixed-Use asset management teams. The Sr. Director will focus on Multifamily projects of a variety of types and sizes including garden style, wrap, podium or high rise. This position may also be asked to manage complex Mixed-Use projects including assisting in joint ventures and public private partnership negotiations that likely involve horizontal planning and extensive entitlements. It will be the key team member to lead underwriting, presentations, team oversight, city communication, IC communication, budgets and forecasts. The Sr Director will be assisted by the Multifamily/Mixed Use Analyst and will receive guidance from the VP of Multifamily/Mixed Use and the VP of Strategic Acquisitions.
- As directed by the VP/Development, evaluates potential development opportunities by gathering market analysis, researching existing zoning codes, and understanding existing conditions including the entitlement process
- As directed by the VP/Development, assists with the creation of RFP/RFQ proposals for submission on Mixed Use partnership endeavors.
- As directed by the VP/Development, creates, and maintains tracking metrics relating to development project status, requests/feedback from investment committee
- Under direction from the VP/Development, assists in drafting PSA, lease agreements, and/or development agreements
- Assists the VP/Development in maintaining relationship with broker community to ensure McWhinney is on “first call” list for brokered opportunities.
- Supports VP/Development in communication with JV partners, equity investors and lenders through project completion on assigned projects
- Under direction from the VP/Development, prepares detailed pro forma
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Construction Management or related
- 5+ years’ experience in entitlements, design and development with a focus on Multifamily and Mixed Use
- Strong record of delivering projects on time and on budget
- Proven track record of managing, with no supervision, several projects throughout their lifecycle
- Ability to have professional interaction with team members, stakeholders, government officials and staff
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail required to manage projects and people
- Must have excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize
- Background in residential development or city and regional planning preferred
McWhinney offers a competitive benefits package for full-time Associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k), and employee assistance plan. Additionally, we offer a generous paid time off plan that includes a week off between Christmas and New Year’s!
This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position. It is not designed to be a comprehensive nor detailed description of all the responsibilities and accountability of the role. As an agile company, our positions can and do change based on the business need of the organization.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at McWhinney. McWhinney is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. McWhinney is not currently seeking any new recruitment partnerships. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to McWhinney and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.
McWhinney is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all associates. All employment decisions at McWhinney are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, veteran or disability status.