The Hoboken Business Alliance (“HBA”) is a currently seeking a full time Executive Director to lead the HBA to fulfill its mission: “To energize and enhance Hoboken’s business environment, maximize consumer engagement through collaborative alliances with businesses, government and community; and create a place where small businesses desire to be and thrive.”
The Board is specifically looking for an Executive Director who can “hit the ground running” with an immediate focus on expanding communications with all stakeholders, developing a strategic marketing and advertising plan for the year, delivering on planned visual improvements programming, and expanding best practice policies and procedures that were established in HBA’s first year of operations.
The ultimate goal of the HBA is to attract more people to Live, Work, Shop, and Dine in Hoboken. The City of Hoboken is the perfect backdrop for economic success with its panoramic views of New York City, its charming main street, its home to the 2nd busiest transportation hub in New Jersey, its diverse population and its rich history.
All interested candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]. Only submissions with a cover letter will be considered.
The Executive Director will
- have a strong Hoboken presence and be the public face of the HBA,
- be the advocate for commercial property and business owners in Hoboken,
- oversee all operations of the HBA, and
- be the liaison with all stakeholders including the HBA Board of Directors, HBA members, the local governing body, and local commercial property and business owners within Hoboken.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Clear vision of what the HBA can accomplish for its members within the City of Hoboken.
- Commitment to acting in the best interests of the HBA and always promoting and protecting the HBA brand.
- Strong interest in advocacy for business and commercial property owners.
- Finger on the pulse of retail, commercial and residential tenancy and occupancy and best practices to reduce vacancy rates.
- Successful track record managing and growing stakeholder relationships.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with energy for what is an exciting opportunity to create economic growth within the City of Hoboken.
- Experience in creating exciting and innovative in-person and virtual events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Significant business planning, financial, accounting, and 501(c) 3 reporting experience.
- Established network of marketing, service, maintenance, IT, legal, cleaning and landscaping, programming, and events vendors.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the most current and up-to-date social media, data and web platforms.
- Accomplished fundraising background.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum five years of experience in managing business and economic development programs, preferably in a SID and/or Main Street Program.
Although not required, preference will be given to candidates who have achieved a high degree of success for at least five (5) years in a directly comparable role and have specific knowledge of the New Jersey regulations for Special Improvement Districts.
Please click here for the complete job descritption: Hoboken Business Alliance, Executive Director