Senior Manager, Safety Policy
Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin's Policy Initiatives team develops programs to lay the groundwork for making micromobility safer for riders, healthier for our communities, and accessible to all. We focus on street infrastructure improvements, sustainability, safety, and equity.
This individual will be responsible for developing our external facing Safety program efforts across all of our markets, focused on safety for our riders as well as other road, bike lane, and sidewalk users. The ideal person will be a passionate urbanist seeking to make positive change in cities with experience working with a diverse range of partners, balancing parallel streams of projects, and working in a lean and agile manner.
- Build and implement a roadmap of external facing projects and programs focused on ensuring the safety of our riders as well as other road, bike lane, and sidewalk users. (building upon our Spin Safe Digital program)
- Work cross-functionally with Spin’s Partnerships team to support safety requirements in RFP processes.
- Work cross-functionally with Spin’s Community Partnerships team to support implementation of Spin’s safety programs.
- Partner closely with the Product and Engineering teams to design hardware and software solutions to promote safe micromobility vehicle usage for Spin riders.
- Collaborate with the Streets and Equity teams to drive systemic improvements in safe micromobility usage.
- Work with third party validators to obtain feedback and support for the program.
- Oversee relevant safety related studies and develop safety research roadmap.
- Develop and communicate a pipeline of external facing content for the media, cities, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 8 years working experience in transportation safety or closely related field.
- Experience working as a product manager or cross functionally with product managers or related work.
- Self-starter who can visualize program execution from end-to-end.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced degree in urban planning.
- Experience working as an engineer or cross-functionally with engineers on related work.
- Experience with or detailed awareness of Vision Zero programs and/or best practices in vulnerable road user safety.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles