Senior Manager, Equity & Streets
Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin's Policy Initiatives team develops programs to lay the groundwork for making micromobility safer for riders, healthier for our communities, and accessible to all. We focus on street infrastructure improvements, sustainability, safety, and equity. Spin’s Streets and Equity group focuses on delivering projects to make our streets safe, livable, and just.
This individual will be responsible for developing our Equity program efforts across all of our markets, developing programs and partnerships that focus on transportation justice and equity. The ideal person will be a passionate urbanist seeking to work with communities and advocates so Spin can better serve the needs of communities of concern, especially those with limited incomes, the un(der)banked, and those who face disproportionate challenges with getting where they need to be.
- Build and implement an equity roadmap of projects and programs that will guide inputs into city RFP processes.
- Work cross-functionally with the Partnerships, Operations, and Finance teams to shape equity proposals in RFPs.
- Work cross-functionally with the Policy Initiatives, Product, Operations, and Partnerships teams to help administer Spin Access (Spin's existing low income discount program).
- Work with leaders in the equity space to obtain feedback and support for Spin’s equity programs.
- Oversee relevant equity related studies and develop equity research roadmap.
- Scope, oversee and manage Spin Streets projects that focus on equity and mobility justice.
- Develop and communicate externally facing equity program content for cities and other relevant partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 8+ years working experience in transportation equity or closely related fields.
- Passion and experience working with marginalized communities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- 2+ years experience supporting program execution, including data and financial analysis.
- Advanced degree in urban planning, transportation, or related fields.
- Experience working as a community engagement specialist and/or on human centered design.
- Experience with or creation of community based mobility plans and/or standard methodologies in equity based community engagement and planning.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles