Planner III /Senior Planner
The Bossier City – Parish Metropolitan Planning Commission is seeking a team-oriented, highly motivated individual for the Senior Planner position. The selected Planner will be part of a diverse planning team and will have extensive interaction with the Metropolitan Planning Commission, City Council, Police Jury, general public and special interest groups in a variety of public settings. The incumbent in this position will have many opportunities to participate or lead special projects and organize citizen engagement while representing the MPC. Because of the variety of projects and assignments involved, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and have excellent writing, math, communication, and time management skills.
Typical Duties Include
- Processing rezoning applications, special use permits and other land use applications
- Responding to information requests from developers, City officials, staff, and the public
- Working knowledge of theories of planning and possess the ability to creatively apply the knowledge and specialize skills to unique requirements or obscure problems
- Manages complex planning studies, development applications and reviews consultant proposals
- Reviews and processes comprehensive plan amendments, zoning amendments, site plans, plats
- Provides professional planning assistance to communities on varied land use projects
- Performs occasional field inspections to gather data relevant to the development review process and/or to verify that development projects comply with approved plans
- Schedules and conducts meetings with advisory boards and elected officials
- Presents reports and other findings to applicable committees
- Intermittent attendance at evening and weekend meetings are required
- Supervises planners and staff as needed within the organization
- Operate and assist in maintaining the Bossier City Parish MPC GIS database to include GIS updates from 911, Tax Assessor data, zoning information, and building plans
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which includes Microsoft Office, Internet applications.
The Senior Planner position requires a master's degree in planning, public administration, political science, architecture, engineering, or some other closely related field from an accredited institution and no less than three (3) years of professional planning or related field experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of working with a growing City/Parish. Experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, ESRI and Geographic Information System (GIS) is strongly desired. AICP Certification is desired but not required.
Bossier City - Parish MPC provides and excellent medical and retirement benefits package.
$55,000 - $60,000 /Annual
Applicant must pass employment background and drug screening test.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) language skills preferred but not required.
Experience related to construction, architecture, and engineering related fields is a plus.
How to apply:
Email Resume to: [email protected]
The Bossier City – Parish Metropolitan Planning Commission is an equal opportunity employer.